News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 952     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

10 personal days off per year mandatory.

Its actually only 2 sick days. But I guess that can be improved over time.

You just don't need a doctor's note for the first 10 sick days.

Both good moves in my opinion. Although for the doctor's note I might have made it necessary for 3 or more days in a row.

Its actually only 2 sick days. But I guess that can be improved over time.

You just don't need a doctor's note for the first 10 sick days.

Both good moves in my opinion. Although for the doctor's note I might have made it necessary for 3 or more days in a row.

3 days still ensures that you're spreading your flu germs around when you're out trying to get a note. The government got the 10 days right. There are much better ways of dealing with sick day abusers.

Did you expect the cost, of generating electricity and delivering it on aged infrastructure, underfunded by the last 30 years of governments, was going to go down steadily?

It was inevitably going to rise, but Liberal policies (going against the advice of experts) have caused those prices to skyrocket.

3 days still ensures that you're spreading your flu germs around when you're out trying to get a note. The government got the 10 days right. There are much better ways of dealing with sick day abusers.

I don't know what the right number is.

I just think its a little excessive that you could essentially be sick for 2 straight weeks and not have to explain it to your employer.

The NDP nominated TTCriders organizer Jennifer Bell for University-Rosedale. Last election the NDP lost three seats in Toronto and barely held on in Parkdale High Park.

I'm not sure if Horwath's folsky populism works well in the old city limits. I think Cheri Di Novo and Peter Tabuns probably held on to their seats in 2014 due to their personal popularity and strong riding associations, not because of Horwath.

I don't know what the right number is.

I just think its a little excessive that you could essentially be sick for 2 straight weeks and not have to explain it to your employer.

There would certainly have to be some form of communication with the employer. And you can glean from the frequency of absence the likelihood that the policy is being abused. Requiring doctors notes is just a lazy way out though, especially since most will sign one without even a cursory examination. So we have a situation now that isn't stopping abuse and also putting a lot of people at risk for getting sick.

It appears some people think of the literal meaning of corruption in terms of the corporate sphere.

It is true the liberals are not exchanging cash envelopes with each other...

I think for government, it is doing things at a great cost to society for your own personal gain. That is the corruption of your duty as a politician and leader of this province and if you think about it is the thing that is wrong with corruption in its very essence.

So yes, moving 2 Gas Plants for entirely political reasons to save a few seats without any regard to the cost to society, is corruption of the worst kind...

As a result, it is fair to call the Liberals corrupt and to suggest they are not technically corrupt as that is not 'legally wrong' is imo rather pathetic.

The reality is if another party that you did not support ideological did this, you have used it consistently to say they are 'bad', however people ignore for purely ideological reasons.

is corruption of the worst kind...

As a result, it is fair to call the Liberals corrupt and to suggest they are not technically corrupt as that is not 'legally wrong' is imo rather pathetic.

No, you do not get to co-opt words as defined in English dictionaries to suit your own form of logic.

No, you do not get to co-opt words as defined in English dictionaries to suit your own form of logic.

Define to what is spending a billion dollars to move gas plants for purely political reasons?

Is it an An acceptable level of politics as long as your ideology wins?
or a betrayal of the public good for selfish political reasons?

Define to what is spending a billion dollars to move gas plants for purely political reasons?

Is it an An acceptable level of politics as long as your ideology wins?
or a betrayal of the public good for selfish political reasons?

If you're not capable of expressing displeasure with a particular policy or decision without resorting to baseless allegations of criminal conduct, then you don't have much capacity for thoughtful argument.

Even the news of the 2 new GO stations.

It's a classic move by then governing Liberals.

You think after all the criticisms they would act with more integrity.

The NDP nominated TTCriders organizer Jennifer Bell for University-Rosedale.

Gah. Really? Her press interviews regularly come off as pushing for lowest fares at all cost; where at all cost includes sacrificing the TTC maintenance programs.

Might as well be a lowest taxes at all cost candidate as the effect is the same (overcrowded unreliable transit).

Even the news of the 2 new GO stations.
It's a classic move by then governing Liberals.
You think after all the criticisms they would act with more integrity

There is a reason why both the PC and NDP tend to make similar promises as the Liberals at these local/regional level issues at contested grounds (e.g. SSE, suburban gas plants) - they are what get the votes. Being in power meant the government making the decision has to wear it - but make no mistake, the local candidates for the parties contending for power tend to support very similar positions no matter what their stripe is.

AoD

Back