News   Jul 16, 2024
 161     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 913     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

How about they spend their political capital on implementing those revenue tools for transit, as was recommenced by two panels of experts. Why isn't that a priority?

Revenue tools = perceived as taxes = no-go, 'cause they're too scared of losing votes.

Of course, they did the roundabout method of selling off Hydro One, which is even worse.

Revenue tools = perceived as taxes = no-go, 'cause they're too scared of losing votes.

Of course, they did the roundabout method of selling off Hydro One, which is even worse.

That's exactly my point. Besides Hydro they also pursued HOT lanes which are also unpopular and not actually generating much revenue. And yet they are too cowardly to implement real revenue tools which would probably have greater public support than their hydro privatization scheme.

Spoke her mind too soon and too loudly (along with Trudeau), and has essentially been handed a rebuke.

Kathleen Wynne on Trump's win: 'I was shocked'
Ontario's first female premier had been critical of Trump during the campaign

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne said this morning that Donald Trump's victory in last night's U.S. presidential election came as a complete surprise.

"I was shocked, I'll be honest. I think it's very disappointing," she said during an interview on Metro Morning with host Matt Galloway. "I had not expected this outcome. I think that we all have to pay very close attention to how this happened and why it happened."

She said Trump, a businessman and Repubican populist with no political experience, was able to beat the more established Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton by tapping into voters' unhappiness with the current political system.

"People were voting against a system that they perceived wasn't working for them and was not fair," said Wynne.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/programs/metromorning/wynne-trump-1.3843115

"People were voting against a system that they perceived wasn't working for them and was not fair," said Wynne.

Foreshadowing for 2018's Ontario outcome methinks.

What this screams again:

Out. Of. Touch.

And it's frightening that they don't seem to get it yet.

Who has predictions for the by-elections tonight? I see Ottawa-Vanier as a tossup, while SoCon kid easily wins in Niagara West-Glanbrook.

Same prediction. I am hoping the PC's don't win Ottawa-Vanier - it may precipitate Wynne stepping down and the voters forgiving all the Liberal sins and bad policies when a new leader is elected.

Back