News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's disappointing they couldn't answer with greater detail.

Or any detail.

What's the plan for theses "efficiencies" I keep having the misfortune of hearing about?

"I will find efficiencies."
"Sure, where?"
"Don't worry, trust me, I will find them."
"Ok, but how much?"
"Billions!"
"Ok.....but, like.....what....where....how?"
"From all the waste and mismanagement."

Sounds legit. :rolleyes:

Not having an actual plan precludes anyone with a rational mind from supporting you.

Rob Ford and Donald Trump got elected without specifics.
I did mention people with rational minds. Ford and Trump got elected by masses of emotionally-handicapped (intellectually-handicapped as well, I reckon) self-spiting jokers. Some lady once called them deplorables, but they can't all be bad people.

I also don't have my PIN yet

I know people who voted for Trump. People I thought were good people. They just couldn't stomach Hillary. They now regret their vote.

I don't know anyone who voted for either Ford who I thought was a rational person.

That's optimistic! Good on ya for keeping a positive attitude.

Sex-ed isn't their only problem. Ford can't stop yapping about parental passes for abortions. Granic Allen is clearly an extremist. All four of them want to pretend that climate change is actually fun as long as people get to keep more money with which to buy more cars, phones, TVs, and other things they don't need.
I'm no fan of the Liberals, believe you me, but replacing them with this lot just seems like a waste of my time. I mean, people who fondly remember the "good old days" of last century might be interested, but I dare say the majority of us younger folk don't need that particular cohort doing any more damage to our collective future than has already been done.

Well, it's not like the PCs' ideological base is spread across three different parties like on the Left is. They have to temper the good with the bad, all the while trying to appeal to moderate voters.

A so-con platform will never work in today's Ontario. Even the staunchest Free Dominion types must realize this. But by allowing Ford/Garnic to run it gives a nod to the Old Stock that the PC Party will let air their grievances but has no intention of actually legislating any of their gripes into law. Again, Harper did this masterfully.

In a free society, if sex Ed is truly such a big deal for certain households: private, Catholic or home schooling are alternatives. We can't allow trivial social issues to undermine the greater importance of the election. We've seen this play out in the States. Hilary labeled virtually every group imaginable as a target of victimization if Trump got in to buoy her chances, and it did not work. If the PCs focus on economic issues, they can win over a large enough coalition.

those people want a return to a far right platform.

It seems like a two-horse race between Ford and Elliot at the moment. Ford would trigger an 'anyone but Ford' vote, but can Elliot win and come up with a centrist plan? Not only would I not want to vote for a party that wants to repeal the current sex ed curriculum, I wouldn't want them to win either.
Far right? SMH. I doubt the sex ed would be repealed completely, no matter some candidates may say. Are you that concerned that a few pages of the curriculum might be altered to remove a small amount of contentious material?

Brown was vulnerable to attacks from Leftist activists, women's groups, unions and Liberal Party operatives. The PCs had no choice but to pull the plug on his candidacy before the onslaught of attack ads began lest they risk another four years in the wilderness.

Speaking as someone who truly wants to witness the Liberals turfed this time, I have to believe so-cons will put the better good of the Province ahead of some gripes over sex ed, just like what was done under Harper federally. If Christine Elliott can't pull off a win under these stars-aligning circumstances then Ontario as a Province may cease to exist - we'll become four brand new fiefdoms.
I think Brown had many enemies within his own party. Of course those who support the Liberals, like some in the media, were going to attack him regardless of how moderate he was. I do agree that the PCs probably won't fixate on social issues like sex-ed, even if Ford becomes leader, as its a distraction from the larger issues facing the province.

Ah ok. My new best friend Caroline Mulroney didn’t explain that in her email to me.

Back