News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...the Jesus freaks...

Just curious....would you refer to conservative Muslims as Muhammad freaks? Or conservative Jews as Yahweh freaks? Or conservative Hindus as Siva freaks?

I think you're selling yourself short by cheapening your thoughts with unnecessary derision.

Here we go: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/progressive-conservative-leadership-race-doug-ford-1.4526674

MOGA! fuuuuuuggin 'ell, these people can't be real.

Ontario is already great. It's the most powerful (both politically and economically). It's the largest in terms of population. It contains the centre of the universe...or at least the world's largest airport terminal.
It has world-class schools, hospitals, and investment properties.
And so on.

It's obviously a leverage play by McVeighty. If she can control a block of voters the Jesus freaks can pressure a mainline candidate for support. The interesting race to watch is which of the three main candidates bends over furthest.
Just curious....would you refer to conservative Muslims as Muhammad freaks? Or conservative Jews as Yahweh freaks? Or conservative Hindus as Siva freaks?

I think you're selling yourself short by cheapening your thoughts with unnecessary derision.
This woman is clearly in the realm of the extreme Christian Right. So yes the label fits.

27798073_10155704814753515_4992123583514059741_o.jpg

Attachments

• 27798073_10155704814753515_4992123583514059741_o.jpg
    27798073_10155704814753515_4992123583514059741_o.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 393
Doug is on CBC right now and getting grilled. He can't answer a question and keeps on using lame talking points.

Ford: "I'm a businessman...We saved the city of Toronto a billion dollars...Just watch me."

Milewski interviewed Caroline Mulroney next. She sounds like Ford with a law degree.

Last edited:
All three candidates promise in writing to eliminate cap-and-trade and oppose a federal carbon tax

From this link on Ontario PC leadership candidates sign CTF ‘No Carbon Tax’ pledge

Ms. Mulroney, Mr. Ford, and Ms. Elliott all signed the following pledge:

I Promise if I am elected Premier, that I will:
  1. Repeal the Wynne cap-and-trade carbon tax;
  2. Not enact an Ontario carbon tax; and,
  3. Oppose a federal carbon tax.
I'm guessing that they don't believe in climate change either, just like Donald Trump. We're in trouble if the PC's get in. Better to vote NDP, if you don't want the Liberals in.

All three candidates promise in writing to eliminate cap-and-trade and oppose a federal carbon tax

From this link on Ontario PC leadership candidates sign CTF ‘No Carbon Tax’ pledge

Ms. Mulroney, Mr. Ford, and Ms. Elliott all signed the following pledge:

I Promise if I am elected Premier, that I will:
  1. Repeal the Wynne cap-and-trade carbon tax;
  2. Not enact an Ontario carbon tax; and,
  3. Oppose a federal carbon tax.
I'm guessing that they don't believe in climate change either, just like Donald Trump. We're in trouble if the PC's get in. Better to vote NDP, if you don't want the Liberals in.

I don't understand this Climate Change stuff. Is the goal to reduce global temperature rise, reduce GHG emissions, or to implement a tax.

If I recap some history;
  • Chretien/Martin Liberals signed on to Kyoto and increased GHG emissions - they were viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • Harper realized that targets could not be met, so he withdrew from Kyoto - he is viewed negatively on Climate Change.
  • Harper came up with new GHG reduction targets - he is viewed negatively on Climate Change.
  • GHG emissions go down under Harper - he is viewed negatively on Climate Change.
  • Trudeau implements same GHG target as Harper at Paris - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • Trudeau forces a GHG tax - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • After 2 years in government for Trudeau, GHG emissions have gone up - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • GHG emissions have gone down in past year in USA - Trump is viewed as a Climate Change villain.
  • It is revealed that Canada cannot meet the targets set by Trudeau at Paris - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.

It appears that the entire Climate Change file is just a partisan exercise to promote Liberals and criticize Conservatives.

The old guard is slipping away... Former Ontario Speaker Chris Stockwell dies at age 60.

Stockwell represented Etobicoke in the Ontario legislature for 13 years, holding a number of ministerial portfolios in the Progressive Conservative governments of Mike Harris and Ernie Eves. He also served as speaker of the legislature from 1996 to 1999.

Interim Ontario PC Leader Vic Fedeli tweeted about Stockwell’s death Sunday evening.

https://www.cp24.com/news/former-ontario-speaker-chris-stockwell-dies-1.3799191

Interesting. I remember back when he made one last, doomed kick at municipal office in 2014, he looked awful.

I don't understand this Climate Change stuff. Is the goal to reduce global temperature rise, reduce GHG emissions, or to implement a tax.

If I recap some history;
  • Chretien/Martin Liberals signed on to Kyoto and increased GHG emissions - they were viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • Harper realized that targets could not be met, so he withdrew from Kyoto - he is viewed negatively on Climate Change.
  • Harper came up with new GHG reduction targets - he is viewed negatively on Climate Change.
  • GHG emissions go down under Harper - he is viewed negatively on Climate Change.
  • Trudeau implements same GHG target as Harper at Paris - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • Trudeau forces a GHG tax - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • After 2 years in government for Trudeau, GHG emissions have gone up - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.
  • GHG emissions have gone down in past year in USA - Trump is viewed as a Climate Change villain.
  • It is revealed that Canada cannot meet the targets set by Trudeau at Paris - he is viewed positively on Climate Change.

It appears that the entire Climate Change file is just a partisan exercise to promote Liberals and criticize Conservatives.
Don't worry, it goes both ways, party politics never change, just the mask every so often to make people think they have changed.:)

Is the goal to reduce global temperature rise, reduce GHG emissions

Both, and I think you're ignoring the fact that many progressives are also displeased with the federal government's recent track record on climate change.

You're also cherry picking Harper's record, conveniently ignoring a whole bunch of other factors contributing to displeasure with his administration's record on climate change.

Back