News   Jul 19, 2024
 615     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.9K     6 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 925     2 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

• Ontario Liberal Party
    • Under sold Hydro One while promising not to sell it in 2003.
    • Spending scandal involving gas plant.
    • Labour unrest with teacher's union.
  • Ontario P.C. Party
    • Promises to not sell Hydro One, even though they created it to be privatized.
    • Undersold Highway 407.
    • Spending scandal involving P.C. MPP's billing tax payers for private dinners.
    • Labour unrest with teacher's union.
I would throw in creating the Megacity under the P.C. party, but I can't think of a equal comparison for the Liberals.

So, my question is. Why is everyone so ready to elect the P.C. party, even though they are just as scandalous as the Liberals? What am I missing that people now see in the P.C. party to make it a viable alternative? :confused:

At this point will be useless for the PC's, they still need two more years for everyone to forget that they where the ones who wanted Hydro One privatized. :rolleyes:
Personally (and people will have their own personal views) I see a very large difference between selling Hydro One and paying down debt than selling Hydro One and using the money elsewhere.

Paying down debt with the funds takes a cash flowing asset and monetizes it to reduce the amount of cash flow needed. As much as we all love transit (and we do), selling cashflow, keeping the debt and then using the funds received to build other assets/services that need ongoing operating subsidy (unless we have found the transit model with full cost recovery ;) ) is a bad cash flow mix.....but that is just me.

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...ve-of-job-wynne-is-doing-as-premier-poll.html

Wynne is very unpopular, but most people have no idea who Patrick Brown is.

Although I no fan of telephone polls. It does highlight problems Patrick Brown will be facing; namely a party base that is rapidly aging, and may not be there in two years time, and a party that's become more conservative than progressive conservative. First order would be to wipe the Mike Harris conservatives from the party and move to more of a Bill Davis centre that the party was more know for.

What does Brown really believe in? He went from being a SoCon backbencher under Harper to suddenly being some sort of red Tory...

What does Brown really believe in? He went from being a SoCon backbencher under Harper to suddenly being some sort of red Tory...

One theory could be he's trying to not only bring in new blood into the party, but to purge the party of its more radical elements. The U.S. Republicans are a prime example of what happens when you let too many radical elements into the party.

Another, and more likely theory at this point, is that his change is a red herring than a red tory. Like Harper, he's in a position where he can sell himself as a fresh, new and transparent face verse the Liberals who have been in power too long, are tired and are too corrupt. And when he gets his majority, back to tory blue.

Back