News   Jul 15, 2024
 843     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 974     1 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Transit Plans

Ari Goldkind has released his transit plan today, titled More Than a Map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwACHSV2jRo
http://ariformayor.com/transit-more-than-a-map/

I do like it, he seems to address current issues as soon as possible with a long-term version to connect the city and better connections to the 905 as well.

My biggest issue with it is that it completely ignores a) the existence of GO Transit, and b) the potential that GO RER has to drastically alter local bus and local rapid transit travel patterns, or at least the volume along those corridors.

For someone who states it's "more than a map", he sure has a big one.

More LRT but no real truly rapid transit like GO RER or SmartTrack. It would improve local transit but the reality is that any LRT going down a road median has limited speed and not near enough time reduction to coax anyone to leave their cars at home.

Ari Goldkind has released his transit plan today, titled More Than a Map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwACHSV2jRo
http://ariformayor.com/transit-more-than-a-map/

I do like it, he seems to address current issues as soon as possible with a long-term version to connect the city and better connections to the 905 as well.

It's a very good plan. However, Ari Goldkind will not win this election... maybe in 2018... when we could have ranked voting ballots. If we had ranked ballots this year, I would have Ari Goldkind as my #1, Olivia Chow as my #2, and John Tory as my #3.

I can't believe he even bothered. He obviously had to know someone to even get an invite to a past debate compared to none of the other candidates being asked

Voted Olivia Chow. After much lamentation, of course. I have found all 3 candidates to be poor candidates. Ford is, well, Ford, full of lies, drugs, and unethical tactics. Chow is too populist, with her inexplicable opposition to all day GO service on the Stouffville line (in some form of anti smart track tirade I think), despite the dozen other angles she could have used to attack Smart-Track, and her reason-less proposal to ban handguns that will achieve nothing. Tory, while the one I would think would be the best leader in for the city, has based his entire campaign around an outright lie. Smart-Track is impossible to construct, his financing plan won't work, and it does nothing that GO electrification doesn't already do beyond build an extremely expensive line on Eglinton that would be better served by an Eglinton LRT extension.

In my mind I had eliminated Ford, and walking to the voting booth I still hadn't decided between Tory and Chow. In the end I decided that Chows follies of populism will do little, with GO electrification a provincial project and handgun bans doing at worst nothing, and decided that a bit of populism is a lot better than basing your whole campaign around a project that is impossible to implement.

That said, If you haven't voted today, VOTE!

Etobicoke and Scarborough fully support Doug, but thanks heaven Ford Lost.

Bonnie won Mississauga and pro transit

Voted Olivia Chow. After much lamentation, of course. I have found all 3 candidates to be poor candidates. Ford is, well, Ford, full of lies, drugs, and unethical tactics. Chow is too populist, with her inexplicable opposition to all day GO service on the Stouffville line (in some form of anti smart track tirade I think), despite the dozen other angles she could have used to attack Smart-Track, and her reason-less proposal to ban handguns that will achieve nothing. Tory, while the one I would think would be the best leader in for the city, has based his entire campaign around an outright lie. Smart-Track is impossible to construct, his financing plan won't work, and it does nothing that GO electrification doesn't already do beyond build an extremely expensive line on Eglinton that would be better served by an Eglinton LRT extension.

In my mind I had eliminated Ford, and walking to the voting booth I still hadn't decided between Tory and Chow. In the end I decided that Chows follies of populism will do little, with GO electrification a provincial project and handgun bans doing at worst nothing, and decided that a bit of populism is a lot better than basing your whole campaign around a project that is impossible to implement.

That said, If you haven't voted today, VOTE!

Wow innsert, get out of my head. :D I could have written that because that is exactly what my thought process was, right down to not deciding between Chow and Tory until the last minute.

On Saturday I was leaning strongly towards Tory, but on Sunday I flopped back to Chow's camp and voted for her today.

Wow innsert, get out of my head. :D I could have written that because that is exactly what my thought process was, right down to not deciding between Chow and Tory until the last minute.

On Saturday I was leaning strongly towards Tory, but on Sunday I flopped back to Chow's camp and voted for her today.

You flip flopper!! ;)

You flip flopper!! ;)

Haha I think this gif visualizes my thought process the past dew fays when it comes to deciding between Chow and Tory very well. Just replace the caption with something more appropriate ;)

tumblr_inline_n2po4hUhro1r2b1sc.gif

Back