News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.7K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 357     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 499     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

I would like to see a list of candidates who still support Rob or Doug Ford.

A few that come to mind:

John Nunziata - Ward 12
Frances Nunziata - Ward 11
Arthur Smitherman - Ward 38
Vincent Crisanti - Ward 1
John Papadakis - Ward 29
Dimitri the Lover - Ward 32

Add to the above
Ward 4 Chris Stockwell
Ward 7 Giorgio Mammoliti
Ward 9 Gus Cusimano
Ward 33 Paul Bell

And you might want to take a look at the 43 Down (Frances can Stay) facebook site...it is a sister site to IHTWOMRF
There is a second site floating around somewhere that is antiMLTT and many of the candidates there support the Ford cause...

Last edited:
Watched the debate for Ward 17 and 18
In Ward 17 Palacio got his a** handed to him. He was a poor third in the debate. It is an either/or Selvam or Bravo I think...Whichever one you feel more comfortable with they are both head and shoulders better than Palacio

Ward 18 was different story to me it seemed Mazer has taken over the role of the one to beat over Bailao...Mazer played it very close to the vest, a no mistakes debate and Bailao took on role of a leading contender, not a good picture to project if you are the incumbent...The person in that debate who suprised me was Derek Power, he would be really interesting to follow at Council should he be elected

Sorry for the stupid question but I don't remember from the last time I voted municipally: is the councillor and mayor vote on the same ballot? If so, can I vote for a mayor and not a councillor? I really can't vote for any of the candidates in my ward.

Sorry for the stupid question but I don't remember from the last time I voted municipally: is the councillor and mayor vote on the same ballot? If so, can I vote for a mayor and not a councillor? I really can't vote for any of the candidates in my ward.

Here is how it is going to look like: https://twitter.com/GraphicMatt/status/517298386634956800

Anyway, since we are in FPTP system, just do as always in our vibrant democracy and vote the least worst candidate.

Bookmark the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition's webpage on their "Toronto Election Taxpayers Voting Guide" at this link. The bad news for them is that it lists Rob Ford as a candidate for Mayor. Already out of date.

There is a "report card" page on the incumbent councillors, at this link. It includes councillors not running. The grades shown are laughable to me, I would reverse them.

Ward 18 was different story to me it seemed Mazer has taken over the role of the one to beat over Bailao...Mazer played it very close to the vest, a no mistakes debate and Bailao took on role of a leading contender, not a good picture to project if you are the incumbent...The person in that debate who suprised me was Derek Power, he would be really interesting to follow at Council should he be elected

I'm voting for Mazer, I think.

I frequent Saigon Flower, Queen Street and get along well with the proprietor ( I refer to her as my Canadian grandma, as my family lives in Europe) and I've heard no end to her complaints of The Drake trying to shut her down and/or buy her out with the help of Bailao. Needless to say.....that doesn't fly with me.

Kind of a sad commentary coming up...I watched the Ward debates for 7, 8, 10 and 11

Ward 7...Disconsolate to say I think Mammoliti has a good chance of reelection...there is going to be too much vote splitting DeNinizo and Perlman on the right side...K H-M and Chambers on the left side...Aitchison and MacDonald on the angry white guy side....Mammo is going to slip up the middle...

Ward 8...There isn't a qualified replacement for Perruzza...The only challenger with any potential whatsoever is Susan Narain and she is nowhere near ready...Perruzza would be smart to recruit Narain as his executive assistant (if she was willing to back away from teaching)

Ward 10...With this ward there is a ray of sunshine...Daniel Epstein more than held his own against Pasternak and given JP's weak plurality in 2010 we could conceivably see a change

Ward 11...Much to my surprise Dory Chaloub held up well against Nunziata...He is a viable alternative

So I just received a campaign email from Steven Levitan running in Ward 16. I don't live or work in Ward 16. I don't know anything about Steven Levitan and certainly haven't signed up to receive emails from him. I wonder who is providing him with email lists? I did see he references Karen Stintz, not that I ever signed up for anything she has done either.

In ward 20, Joe Cressy is leading in the sign war, and Terri Chu and Sarah Thomson in second. However it's obvious Sarah Thomson is just using her 2011 provincial Liberal signs covered up with "for a Liberal Toronto" stickers on them. She's probably just using the 2011 Liberal list and plonking up signs there; I've seen a few have been thrown out.

Ana Bailao is a drunk and needs to be out of office.

Well, no, she needs to be out of office for trying to pressure a local business into selling to another local business and in so doing divesting the proprietor of her livelihood.

Bailao is pretty decent otherwise, but when you start shit like this all your positive contributions are overshadowed as far as I'm concerned. Corrupt and in the pocket of The Drake (among, universe knows others) unless she agreed to do as they wanted because the proprietor of The Drake knows how to cry and she wanted to shut him up. (Which wouldn't surprise me...his crying bit, I mean)

Wait, you may be on to something....she probably gets free drinks at The Drake, seeing as you characterise her as a drunk. Must be. Still corrupt. Drinks, money, same thing to a drunk, innit?

Sunday Sunday Sunday! Get your 32 km of subways* at BARGAIN BASEMENT prices! Only $9.99 (bn) for a limited time only! Call 1-888-SUBWAYS and act now!

Call before Oct 27 and get a free fridge magnet** (while supplies last).

*The above should not be construed as a guarantee that any subways will be built. **Magnets may not actually be magnetized. The Doug Ford Campaign is not responsible for magnets that fall off your fridge.

Back