News   Jul 16, 2024
 427     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 517     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 643     2 

2008 Federal Election: GTA Voting Patterns

However, John Chretien has shown being a bully is a political goldmine.
Was Chretien a bully? Compared to Harper he seems to be a co-operative team player. I can't imagine Harper going for even a few weeks with someone as opposed to him as Martin in his cabinet!

Chretien was bully but a smart one.

He used people and he knew when they were useful and useless to him.

Harper just gets rid of you...

As much as I disagree with the characterization of Dion as weak....the Liberals are finally getting a taste of their own medicine. They tried to brand every Conservative leader as 'scary', un-Canadian, and having a hidden agenda. It is rather ironic to see them now have to fight off Conservative branding attempts of their leader.

its still working, as conservative support is still below 40% (don't look at the polls when the election was called)

If the situation were switched the Liberals would have over 43-45% of the vote handily and would have 50% of the vote in Ontario.

People are, in general, easily programmed sheep.

Many would argue that swallowing the 'scary' Conservative image was just as much a programming effort. I think what bothers many Liberals is that it seems the sheep are looking for a new shepherd!

It says something about how cocky and confident Team Layton is when their standard-bearers are cleverly making the most of it even in seats where the party apparently hasn't a chance in heck.

Take David Sparrow in Don Valley West.

No wonder they're cresting 20% according to some pollsters.

the NDP person is randomly putting up signs in my area to make it look he is popular.

It will be interesting to see what percentage of the seats the Liberals win will be GTA seats.

I don't think it will be far off the previous election. This is the tragedy of the GTA...they refuse to be in government when the Conservatives are in power, and they refuse to kick the bums out when the Liberals don't deliver. Ontarians should follow the Premier's advice and ask the candidates and parties what they intend to do for Ontario.

Actually, I was surprised by the number of Christine Innes Liberal lawn signs in the heart of Jane Jacobs country this afternoon--even if it's a smokescreen, it also suggests a Toronto-specific Liberal strategy of playing the Iggy'n'Rae angle to the hilt...

Innes does have a lot of signs out, certainly more than the invisible Kate Holloway did in the provincial election. I'd say Olivia is still comfortably ahead, esp. in the northern part of the riding.

Don Valley West is a Tory hope, however John Tory lost so no way this is going Tory.

true...

I am still laughing that John Tory lost his own seat and that he will run again for Priemier.

Dalton gets stronger by the day and the Tories want a guy people have largely dismissed as an idiot to run again?

Really Dalton looks poised to win a third majority.

NDP is gone, Tories are down and out.

Back