News   Apr 25, 2024
 100     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 405     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 684     0 

11 Walmer Rd (recladding, 7s, Uno Prii)

We had a built in AC unit in our apartment here that looked like it was from the 50s and never worked. They removed it when they rebuilt our balcony (before they told us we were getting evicted) but left a hole in the wall where it was.

So it may well have been original.

You can see that new vents have been placed in several rows along the building; I'm assuming these are for a/c.

Though there are other amenities you could install that would require it (dryers).

It's rare, but I have seen a multi-res landlord retrofit ensuite laundry.

So it may well have been original.

You can see that new vents have been placed in several rows along the building; I'm assuming these are for a/c.

Though there are other amenities you could install that would require it (dryers).

It's rare, but I have seen a multi-res landlord retrofit ensuite laundry.
The laundry room was in the basement and that was closed off to us at least 10 months before they kicked us out. They converted a vacant 2 bedroom on the second floor into a laundry room with 2 working machines and a Coin O Matic terminal that didn't work 50 percent of the time.

No idea if they plan on adding ensuite laundry, though when they were kicking us out they did say they were tearing down every wall and re-doing the layout of the units (I'm assuming to make them smaller), so it's possible.

Either way, Cromwell are massive malakes.

The laundry room was in the basement and that was closed off to us at least 10 months before they kicked us out. They converted a vacant 2 bedroom on the second floor into a laundry room with 2 working machines and a Coin O Matic terminal that didn't work 50 percent of the time.

No idea if they plan on adding ensuite laundry, though when they were kicking us out they did say they were tearing down every wall and re-doing the layout of the units (I'm assuming to make them smaller), so it's possible.

Either way, Cromwell are massive malakes.

I lived here too from 2012 - 2019 (I had a very vocal dog - the only one in the building as of when we moved out). It was such a horrific experience, the construction. The noise, the mess, the fighting with the workers who were on their best days, barely tolerable. I miss the neighbours and the (obviously) prime location but am happy to be in a house now, especially during the pandemic!

I live around the corner from this building, and have been wondering about what's going on here. The rehab is slow as bloody molasses, and until just recently this site has looked like a train wreck. Hopefully it's completed sooner rather than later.

The remaining section of balconies on the south side of the building finally installed:

Aug 1, 2021

20210731_131547.jpg
20210731_131621.jpg
20210731_131653.jpg
20210731_131726.jpg

If only 401 Bay had the same renovators...

Has anyone here successfully been able to get their signed right to return honoured for this building? I'm currently dealing with a lot of non answers from Cromwell despite the fact they're promoting units for this particular building.

What a refreshingly sympathetic renovation to a mid-century modern building, it gives me hope for all the wonderful masonry facades that are trapped beneath horrendous EIFS cladding. Curious about the brick though; my only complaint here (it's me, I have many) is that it looks like they replaced the rows of header bonds in the original brick. Some of the uncovered brick looked to be in rough shape, so maybe it was replaced outright?.

brick1.jpg

brick2.jpg

Back