News   Jul 12, 2024
 860     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 324     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a realtor, I would have thought that Ms. Cass would know more and be less like the idealistic consumer.

I don't know how they could possibly finish this on schedule given that most developments are late even without these issues. Always the salesman?

What a disaster. I feel sorry for those who purchased. Perhaps the hype that was created in late 2007 was unsustainable one way or another. It shouldn't be allowed to go up as 68 stories when its best feature is its height at 80 stories. Condo owners will lose their shirts. These suites have halved in value now. And what about the condo fees? Will they go up now with fewer suites to cover shared costs?

some what agree that the price the lemmings paid for them has decreased greatly,wouldnt be a bit surprise if quite a few would walk away from the deposit and faced the legal problems of such a move.ALOT of the buyers were oversea buyers so the legal liability is small.

If this development gets shelved the city should designate this grand location for a future 1000 footer, considering every other area in Toronto seems to have some kind of height opposition. Lets hope they just dont build a couple of fill-in glass boxes in the 40-50 storey range.

If this doesn't go up, Bazis will have totally sullied any reputation that they had in Toronto. Once Crystal Blu is done, I don't think we'll ever see Bazis here again.

If this development gets shelved the city should designate this grand location for a future 1000 footer, considering every other area in Toronto seems to have some kind of height opposition. Lets hope they just dont build a couple of fill-in glass boxes in the 40-50 storey range.

I could see someone proposing two smaller buildings on this site rather than one super tall tower. They're going to go cheap because all they need to sell a project there is the location.

Last edited:
This is awful. Bazis certainly comes across rather slimy here.

Wasn't there a now-banned member who was warning of this exact thing? Perhaps UT owes him an apology.

I couldn't help but laugh at some of her comments. She thinks her condo's have appreciated 400k LOL. Just another agent fueling a 2nd bubble in this overpriced housing market. Sad really. I feel bad for all the clients of hers that were told to buy here.

This is awful. Bazis certainly comes across rather slimy here.

Wasn't there a now-banned member who was warning of this exact thing? Perhaps UT owes him an apology.
There is a huge difference between an opinion on the fate of one condo project (for which no one will be banned), and being a repetitive, argumentative, child who doesn't raise the discourse of the forum.

Right or not, no apology is needed to those who can't muster any respect for the forum and its members.

I don't think this will be the last of projects falling through - it's just the beginning. Already this week we've had 2 die, and I fear it will only get worse throughout 2010/11 as 35000 come online. This could indeed get uglier. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back