News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN1272.jpg

^Just wondering about fire safety... Shouldn't a tower of some 80 floors have more than just two stairwells?

DSCN1273.jpg

^Artist's conception of the "Halfway Up The Tower Amenities"

Which is the amenity - the blonde?

Thanks for the info casaguy.

re: linai

I wonder where does the double skin facade applies to? Depending on the orientation, it can potentially provide significant energy savings.

AoD

The "Halfway Up The Tower Amenities" looks very nice as does the Linai feature - thanks for all the photos of the marketing materials casaguy.

Those illiustrations, plans and ammenities (including the blonde) make me wish I was rich like VofE and IntheKnow.

I would go into the sales centre but they would look at me like:

"does this guy really have 700 grand to drop on a one bedroom condo?"

I don't think I would like that feeling. :(

Actually, you need about $200,000 in cash to deposit over the next year--based on downpayment plan. $140,000 for down payment plus $50,000 for the parking+locker.

Let's face it, the residents in this building will all be millionaires because unless you've got over $3 million dropping $200,000 doesn't make much sense--for example, the Lamborghini dealership told me the average Lamborghini owner has a net worth of $10 million.

So all those people at the sales centre have got to be relatively rich--Caltrane do you wanna crash the joint with me to hit on lonely divorcee's? Or bored rich housewives?

Now here's another way you can afford the larger units: you're a middleclass professional from somewhere and you buy a unit to either rent out to a large family of immigrants (5 working people in a large 2 bedroom? Yeah it's quite common on those big condos on the waterfront) or you have some of your relatives move in--perhaps your family just off the boat?

Another sobering fact: that (sky?) lobby is boring! How depressingly sombre and conservative. X Condo around the corner is much more sophisticated, cheaper and better designed.

Are there that many millionaires around Toronto?

"Those illiustrations, plans and ammenities (including the blonde) make me wish I was rich like VofE and IntheKnow"

Caltrane, you are the rich one. A while back I saw your postings showing photos of some of your female companions. Now that was real wealth!

Hmm...... Not a fan..... Tiny tiny units, all so desperately cheap.. Cheap has its place.... just don't call it "luxury" when you're only getting a 1 bedroom shoe-box for 600,000.

The lanai's are a terrible Idea.... I am still trying to figure out why every building in toronto feels it necessary for condos to have balconies... or "lanais" ... The Ritz Did it right, No balconies, same as Trump. The nicer projects realize that well... we live in Canada and for 8 months of the year, balconies are unused. They block light form coming into the unit itself, and often wind up an extra storage place.

but who really cares..... its just another building. It's not like I'm buying a unit or anything... Go ahead Bazis, Eat your heart out.

Why do so many new condos in Toronto have the kitchen sitting out in/facing onto/being in the middle of the living room? Urgh.
It was a trait I really didn't like seeing with Cityplace - there, as with these plans, some suites have you entering to walk right into the kitchen.
That screams cheap to me - and bad planning as well.
Is this me being overly critical? - or is it some kind of new chic I've misplaced?

Why do so many new condos in Toronto have the kitchen sitting out in/facing onto/being in the middle of the living room? Urgh.

This was my main problem with CASA as well. But honestly, when I have people over for dinner it's great to have the whole room as your kitchen to include guests in the cooking/drinking/socializing process. (It would be different if the kitchen was a separate huge room, but where do you find that anymore?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back