News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know opening day? I heard that they will be sending out emails to people who had pre-registered, with specific dates. Doesn't sound total correct to me. They probably will tell all the pre-registed to come one week before official opening.

some of the design details (per their newsconference of 2 months ago) 9 to 10 foot ceilings, few options on suites since all materials will be optional, cannot combine suites in the lower floors, prices will not include floor premiums, lockers or parking (standard stuff).

some of the design details (per their newsconference of 2 months ago) 9 to 10 foot ceilings

This was stated in the newsconference? Given 80 floors, this would imply a building height of 720 to 800 feet (219m to 244m), plus the extra height of the roof element (looks like another 35m or so), plus the extra height due to the podium ceiling heights being greater (maybe another 10m) for a total height of around 265m to 290m.

Bill

We just need to make it up to 304 metres to get us a 1000 footer.

trust me, they wouldnt bother....

They would get it approved right up to 999 feet but get scared of how much more complex the math gets if you add another digit....

^ 60 posts and 50 are "half full"... there may be a bottle of green whine in your future.

We just need to make it up to 304 metres to get us a 1000 footer.

The planner is conveniently on vacation so I've just contacted his boss and made it clear that I would like to know the new proposed height (to top of crown, not roof slab)... even if it's an estimate.

I'll nag a few times tomorrow and then report. I expect it will be around 850-900'... which is no worse than 999' because it won't be a supertall, thus not worthy of discussion.

Talk to you tomorrow.

/\....oooo, good to see that your getting your urban beef in...I had no idea that there was a minimum word count on these posts. :rolleyes:

Planning dept. got back to me and they haven't had any contact from Bazis whatsoever..... so the speculation will continue to run rampant as the usual approval process is followed:

1. Release latest rendering, launch website and open sales centre.

2. Sell hundreds of units and contact bank for construction green light.

3. Contact the city and inform them of just how big this sucker will be.

4. Ignore city's approval of 205 metres for the site and insist they avoid pissing off hundreds of new owners and just accept the new building.

This how "adjustment" and "minor variance" work.

Guess we won't know for months.........

Planning dept. got back to me and they haven't had any contact from Bazis whatsoever..... so the speculation will continue to run rampant as the usual approval process is followed:

1. Release latest rendering, launch website and open sales centre.

2. Sell hundreds of units and contact bank for construction green light.

3. Contact the city and inform them of just how big this sucker will be.

4. Ignore city's approval of 205 metres for the site and insist they avoid pissing off hundreds of new owners and just accept the new building.

This how "adjustment" and "minor variance" work.

Guess we won't know for months.........

The city's approval was for 233 Meters.

They only need 250 to 260 Meters in reality ...without the spire of course.

^Good point. Most of the big skyscrapers in Toronto were built by banks, somewhat conservative and stable by nature. Projects like 1BE and Trump and 1 King West are private ventures and will no doubt provide lots of fodder for discussion around here. On a side note, these big ventures have big personalities and even bigger egos behind them which is a lot of fun to watch too.

I walked through Roy Square this afternoon and noticed that some of the stores are already vacant. Happily, my favourite dry cleaner (and clothes repairer) is relocating in one of the stores by the Hayden parking garage!

Most of the big skyscrapers in Toronto were built by banks, somewhat conservative and stable by nature.

Not really. Cadillac Fairview built the TD Centre, Olympia & York built FCP, BCED built BCE/Brookfield Place and Robert Campeau built the Scotiatower. Three of the four ended up in bankruptcy so stable is not a word to associate with our bank towers.

Not sure who built the the other bank towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back