News   Jul 10, 2024
 884     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 729     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a lesson is to be learned from this. While I appreciate the "charm" of Roy's Square, I think that this lot needs a tall tower. Maybe with the loss of this unique space in Toronto, other back alleys and courtyards can/will be re-invigurated with life.

Huh? What? Wow.

I guess you don't work for or run a highly successful international company. Image is everything. The jewels and crowns are what it's all about. You don't think Bazis is constantly striving for more jewels in their crown(s)?

No, I don't. And it's clear you don't either, or own shares in one. Because if you did, you'd know that in a post Enron-Tyco-Hollinger world, no corporation is spending money to build monuments to itself.

in a post Enron-Tyco-Hollinger world, no corporation is spending money to build monuments to itself.

Feature0122_01x.jpg

Not exactly a monument, but certainly a jewel.

Does anyone know...

Will 1 Bloor take up the entire block, butting right up to the Xerox tower? Or will it end at the laneway, sparing the Pyshic Reader and Mr. Sub?

DSCN0895.jpg

Also, it looks like the sales office may be going into this corner of the Xerox building...

DSCN0900.jpg

Will 1 Bloor take up the entire block, butting right up to the Xerox tower? Or will it end at the laneway, sparing the Pyshic Reader and Mr. Sub?

I'd suggest asking the psychic reader.

It will wipe out that alley altogether as far as I know. There's been a tiny outcry about that.

It will wipe out that alley altogether as far as I know. There's been a tiny outcry about that.

Bah! Move on...! There are many more pressing issues in this city to devote time to. 1BE is a done deal.

Looking at various renderings it appears 1BE's retail podium will come pretty close to the Xerox building. I don't think those shops on the east side of Roy's Square are part of the plan.

new rendering of the tower is in the new Condo Guide.. the tower looks pretty similar, the base seems new.. it has a little bit of KPMB-style Bell Lightbox look

Yeah the balconies are now enclosed. I'll post a rendering tommorrow when I'm at work. Elsewise some one can try and beat me to it.

They claim the balcony work will be revolutionary.

The balcony technology and aesthetics will be unique but I am not a fan of the new base. I liked the old curved glass base as there really wasn't anything like it in the city. That being said, the slightly reworked base (and building), is still something to look forward to.

New renderings from the condo guide. I like it, and looks like an improvement over the previous design. The base does indeed look reminiscent of Bell Lightbox.

1bloorz2.jpg

1bloorz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back