News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't even have a demolition permit yet. Sales have nothing to do with the lag time in construction in numerous parts of the city. There were nearly 23,000 units sold in the GTA last year - labour can't meet the current demand and delays in construction have been extended beyond the norm in the last 12 months or so.

They would not have started the process of demolition if the sales were weak. Why get rid of revenue generating businesses if you had no intention of starting demolition as soon as the city allowed you to?

/\ Because those businesses were no longer owned by those who operated them. Once Bazis bought the site, I'm sure they wanted to clear out the current tenants as soon as they could - especially with the initial sales rush. Interchange's commentary about the lack of proper documents is most apt here - they don't have the permits to build the building so why would they begin?

/\ Because those businesses were no longer owned by those who operated them. Once Bazis bought the site, I'm sure they wanted to clear out the current tenants as soon as they could - especially with the initial sales rush. Interchange's commentary about the lack of proper documents is most apt here - they don't have the permits to build the building so why would they begin?

Tenancies are always difficult to completely terminate. Once the tenant is out, getting rid of the building eliminates any chance the tenant could come back to claim an "interest" in the facility. These types of claims can cause serious delays as they often end up in court. I agree, if they don’t have the proper permits they are not supposed to begin, however on a project of this scale, the permits are generally issued in different stages to allow work to get started while the paperwork is finalized.

One further thought though is that if Bazis starts construction before they finalize their deal for additional height etc, they lose their edge in the bargaining process. Right now the city has to be concerned that Bazis start construction as they do not want this corner sitting vacant for long and if started, they will be much less inclined to work with them on additional height etc.

There should be NO height limits whatsoever at this intersection. I'm amazed the city would even care?

I wish people would only post comments if their is even some grain of truth behind their claims. Otherwise we get threads like Trump where no one really takes anything serious anymore even if it is completely factual. Better to wait for real confirmation.

I wish people would only post comments if their is even some grain of truth behind their claims. Otherwise we get threads like Trump where no one really takes anything serious anymore even if it is completely factual. Better to wait for real confirmation.

I don't think the credibility issues in the Trump thread were necessarily the thread's fault...

I just finished my new drawing for ssp of this, it's not as good as i hoped it would be but thought i;d show it here

1bloorjs1.gif

cool - I was going to learn how to do these renderings at one point, but now I am content to just watch other people's efforts. The shading effect works really nicely!

Project End - more kickass model pics! I had missed these earlier... if the building looks like that in real life its gonna be awesome! Love that staggered base.

Great start Kamuix! I think your model would look better if you put the effect of those frosted looking sliding lanai's in the model. Check out the sales centre model to see how the effect looks.

Well that puts things into perspective.

Once built, 1 Bloor East will dominate the area.

i thought the height wasn't finalized yet? that said, if its even close to scotia's height thats massive

we need more really tall towers outside the core, especially office towers. i think it will help spread commuting patterns around and take pressure off hubs like union station. plus, i think it looks nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back