Hamilton Augusta Block Buildings 2 & 3 | ?m | 8s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

24 hours is refreshing. Almost everything in Toronto closes at 8pm these days despite the demand for 24 hours.

24 hours is refreshing. Almost everything in Toronto closes at 8pm these days despite the demand for 24 hours.
This area will have this 24h and a Big Bee literally across the street 24h too. Incredibly jealous because on James N we don't even have a crappy convenience store open past 10pm.

This area will have this 24h and a Big Bee literally across the street 24h too. Incredibly jealous because on James N we don't even have a crappy convenience store open past 10pm.
Yeah my friends from the States always joke that this entire country closes up at 8.

To be fair, our minimum wage is far higher than most American states. If we underpaid our workers we could probably afford to keep stores open overnight too.

When I worked at a Metro we were open overnight, but after I left they raised min wage and started closing at 11pm, I think they close at 9pm now.

To be fair, our minimum wage is far higher than most American states. If we underpaid our workers we could probably afford to keep stores open overnight too.

When I worked at a Metro we were open overnight, but after I left they raised min wage and started closing at 11pm, I think they close at 9pm now.
Or raise prices a little.

When you have people pissing away at least $10 a day on UberEats delivery fees and tips alone, a $0.50-$1 increase on every item in a 24 hours store would be chump change for a lot of people.

yeah I used to saunter over there at 1 am and pick stuff up hahaha..

"The market" has a very square one food market vibe feel to it

As for "the chelsea" I honestly don't get their obsession with leaving the ceilings unfinished 🫤 - immediately makes me think of the concrete rooms in the future in cloud atlas.

It's not like it's a nice stone finish ceiling either - its messy dirty looking concrete with seams and blotches. Takes away the warmth I dunno. Too brutalist for me. And it's not like this is supposed to represent what an old factory woulda looked like - if they were gonna do that they'd go for giant wooden beams to support successive flooring. This just screams "we're going to cut corners on building supplies and try to make it look chic" - basically you get less, but think you're getting more, and thus will pay more, for less.

Last edited:
Remind me to never build a house for my man Chronie...
Just build it traditionally and normally and you'll be fine lol. Don't cut corners lol - I am easy to please if it's traditional and has lots of character love and craftsmanship.

Tonight:
1000005829.jpg
1000005830.jpg
1000005831.jpg
1000005832.jpg
1000005833.jpg
1000005835.jpg
1000005836.jpg

As for "the chelsea" I honestly don't get their obsession with leaving the ceilings unfinished 🫤 - immediately makes me think of the concrete rooms in the future in cloud atlas.
honestly i'd be fine with concrete if they at least finished it with a nice sealer. I've seen some beautiful concrete countertops done this way.

Back