Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Forced transfers are a feature at Scarborough town centre as well and they got a subway extension. Maybe there’s a method to the madness.
That wouldn't happen if Toronto did not get the Pan AM games. The only problem if the SRT was converted to an LRT as plan, would both TTC exist fleet still be in service today as well not all of the SRT LRV's cars be here now based on the issues just getting TTC current fleet. The SRT would have been not only converted to an LRT, but also extended to Malvern, but would have no cars on opening day unless BBD was shipping cars for it and TTC fleet at the same time with TTC seeing haft the number of cars they did get yearly.

It would been even worst if the Sheppard LRT was built at plan as the line would have no cars on opening day in 2014 as plan. BBD would be up the creek with no paddle trying to manufacture cars for 3 different lines at the same time along doing Edmonton cars to the point they may had to backout of the Edmonton contract or brought in cars off shore.

The force transfering turns people off riding transit unless they have no options to do so that I expect ML knows this and doesn't care.

Definitely looks like the tunnel is warranted. Thanks for opening my eyes.
Why??

I can show you videos and photos like Brampton that has surface running LRT on that same street where both curb lanes are used for parking. Those videos and photos were shot by me in 2012, 2022 in Europe and some for NA.

Rotterdam 2022
52509510479_b0aeb78ddd_b.jpg

52510110307_c4f8b31f42_b.jpg

Last edited:
It would been even worst if the Sheppard LRT was built at plan as the line would have no cars on opening day in 2014 as plan. BBD would be up the creek with no paddle trying to manufacture cars for 3 different lines at the same time along doing Edmonton cars to the point they may had to backout of the Edmonton contract or brought in cars off shore.
The Edmonton cars weren't awarded until 2016, so I don't see how operating Sheppard LRT in 2014 would have been impacted for that.

Bombardier would have found a way. Obviously they'd have had a plan to ramp up faster. Remember part of delay with the problem with the Eglinton cars, is that Metrolinx refused to provide anywhere for BBD to ship the prototype. And BBD was well aware how far behind Metrolinx was, so didn't need to rush.

I'd think in desperation they'd have just made some completely in Europe. Or lend some European ones to Metrolinx - like BBD did for the Olympic Line in Vancouver for the 2010 Olympics.

The Edmonton cars weren't awarded until 2016, so I don't see how operating Sheppard LRT in 2014 would have been impacted for that.

Bombardier would have found a way. Obviously they'd have had a plan to ramp up faster. Remember part of delay with the problem with the Eglinton cars, is that Metrolinx refused to provide anywhere for BBD to ship the prototype. And BBD was well aware how far behind Metrolinx was, so didn't need to rush.

I'd think in desperation they'd have just made some completely in Europe. Or lend some European ones to Metrolinx - like BBD did for the Olympic Line in Vancouver for the 2010 Olympics.
When did the first TTC prototype arrive after the contract was awarded?? When did the first Production car arrive??

If the Sheppard Line was to open in 2014 and the SRT in 2015, a lot of cars would have been made in Europe in a few places and maybe a few TTC ones as well.

Even if BBD have ramp up sooner, they would still been late supplying cars for all the lines including Edmonton, Crosstown and KW,

BBD fail to meet all dates they said they would from the word go.

BBD fail to meet all dates they said they would from the word go.
The Eglinton and Finch ones are irrelevant, as Metrolinx was so far behind schedule on being able to take delivery of the prototypes. The Edmonton cars were delivered 3 years before the line opened.

For years the plan had been to get the TTC cars delivered by the end of 2019 ... and what, they missed shipping a single unit or something before the end of 2019?

Yeah, some of the earlier production was slower than planned. Yet the later production was much faster than planned.

I'm not sure why this ancient history gets rehashed - for what reason I don't know.

The Eglinton and Finch ones are irrelevant, as Metrolinx was so far behind schedule on being able to take delivery of the prototypes. The Edmonton cars were delivered 3 years before the line opened.

For years the plan had been to get the TTC cars delivered by the end of 2019 ... and what, they missed shipping a single unit or something before the end of 2019?

Yeah, some of the earlier production was slower than planned. Yet the later production was much faster than planned.

I'm not sure why this ancient history gets rehashed - for what reason I don't know.
Come on and take those rosy glasses off and see all the missed dates starting with the three porotypes. On Aug 29, 2014, we were to see all the existing fleet cars removed from 510 when the line went back into service and that was supposed to be 14 new LRV's. How many were on 510 that day when the line opened??

Saying the last car was late and doesn't count as a missed date is throwing things under the rug. Regardless of what was going on with ML delay needs for cars, things would still been a mess if all the lines were built and open as plan and would delay service on them.

The goal may have been to make the City Centre a destination.
A destination for a shopping mall as it was the white elephant and still is for having a real downtown than a core. What other big attractions are there today or planned for??

Come on and take those rosy glasses off and see all the missed dates starting with the three porotypes. On Aug 29, 2014, we were to see all the existing fleet cars removed from 510 when the line went back into service and that was supposed to be 14 new LRV's. How many were on 510 that day when the line opened??

Saying the last car was late and doesn't count as a missed date is throwing things under the rug. Regardless of what was going on with ML delay needs for cars, things would still been a mess if all the lines were built and open as plan and would delay service on them.

A destination for a shopping mall as it was the white elephant and still is for having a real downtown than a core. What other big attractions are there today or planned for??
There’s a central library, living arts centre, celebration square, AGM. A movie theatre, a park with public art, and kariya park.

Confederation has become quite pedestrian friendly and the restaurants seemingly are doing well.

It’s not nothing. I lived downtown Calgary 25 years ago and that place was a ghost town despite being right downtown.

What other amenities would you like to consider it a downtown? Raptors 905?

Last edited:
Does Mississauga actually have a downtown/core/main drag?

Back