News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 761     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the credibility but someone on reddit said this:
There is a popular FWD email going around by professional journalists about this today.
Apparently, the press have major respect for Tyson and think Downer is a fool. The email is actually hilarious and rips apart Nathan Downer. It claims he has no respect from his peers and so he had to take this shot at Mike Tyson for the fame to keep a job. There is something about how he is destined for a 4AM gig on E! and how MTV turned him down? There were some good Tyson and Ford jokes too.
I don't have the text of the email - somebody read it off of their Blackberry to me - so if someone could post it that would be great.
TL;DR - Journalists are clowning on Nathan Downer for being unprofessional - but (apparently) love Tyson.
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...porter_with_balls_of_steel_asks_tyson/ckepyxl

Shame on them for loving a rapist.

There will be complaints. If they are on a delay they will get warned at least.

I've been told by various members of the media in Toronto that pretty much no one here broadcasts on a delay because our broadcast rules are not that strong, which is a good thing. The entire nation shouldn't freak out at a slip of the tongue or maybe slip of the nip on live TV.

So today a flyer was dropped off at my door announcing an event this Saturday at Central Neighbourhood House in Cabbagetown. CNH does good work and the premise of this event is to help youth, low-income people and new community members to become better engaged in the election through the "Neighbourhood Votes" project. So far, so good.

The event itself, which takes place in the gym, is described as a Neighbourhood Game with a giant Monopoly board on which the properties will be named after local streets, etc. Participants as of the time of printing include former mayors Barbara Hall and Art Eggleton and meryl contenders ... as of the printing date, it reads: "The growing list includes Rob Ford, Olivia Chow, David Soknacki and John Tory."

It goes on to say: "Spectators will enjoy watching the lighthearted rivalry between them as they jostle for supremacy on the board instead of on the debate stage."

My guess is Rob's not going to make this a priority. Which is a good thing because I would find his stupid Escalade and cover it with enough eggs to make an omelet. And then use the sticky mess to affix hundreds of Andray Domise flyers. Actually that's only wishful thinking because I'll be out of town all weekend.

One thing crossed my mind - Downer is no dummy - maybe he figured no way Tyson would come at him as I'm pretty sure if Tyson was charged with anything his Visa - his SPECIAL Exemption Waiver/Visa - to be allowed to not only enter Canada but work up here as an entertainer would be instantly revoked and Tyson would be immediately either detained or deported. Losing the revenue from the shows would put a huge dent in the pocket book.

I'm not sure Tyson can think that far ahead.

My guess is Rob's not going to make this a priority. Which is a good thing because I would find his stupid Escalade and cover it with enough eggs to make an omelet. And then use the sticky mess to affix hundreds of Andray Domise flyers. Actually that's only wishful thinking because I'll be out of town all weekend.

There will be plenty of other opportunities to egg his stupid Escalade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back