339     0 
News   Jun 11, 2024
 688     0 
News   Jun 10, 2024
 815     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Jimmy Kimmel video tonight was clear as day. Ford was being ushered along by *some dude* and Ford was clearly wasted.
I am so leaving Toronto before the Pan Am games. This place will be terrorized and ford will bungle it all. Damn

This made me laugh. Look at the comment I've highlighted.
ford-drunk.jpg

Attachments

• ford-drunk.jpg
    ford-drunk.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,026
That Jimmy Kimmel video tonight was clear as day. Ford was being ushered along by *some dude* and Ford was clearly wasted.
I am so leaving Toronto before the Pan Am games. This place will be terrorized and ford will bungle it all. Damn
Yeah, it was just some dude and not someone he knew as I previously theorized on. Oh well.

Yeah, it was just some dude and not someone he knew as I previously theorized on. Oh well.

That pretty much shouts that Robbie was wasted. What sober person allows themselves to be ushered anywhere by a complete stranger? And that dashing across the street and hopping into a cab to escape his sitter was just pathetically juvenile. Should he be voted back in there will be nowhere in Canada that will remain unaffected by his embarrassing and criminal behaviour.

Edited for ipad oops.

I remember awhile ago MetroMan had said his City Hall source told him that he caught Ford occasionally sleeping on the couch in his office. Maybe that's what he was doing after the game.

I remember awhile ago MetroMan had said his City Hall source told him that he caught Ford occasionally sleeping on the couch in his office. Maybe that's what he was doing after the game.

The sleeping was during the day. There's no time to sleep when there's partying to do.

Ignoring Users

For those of you who want to see images that are on-topic but get rid of the others, there is always the option of ignoring those users who repeatedly post images you don't like.

Just click on the user's name, choose "view profile", then click on "add to ignore list" from the menu on the left.

This also works for Trolls and people who can't discuss without being insulting.

If enough people use these filters, instead of turning off the images, or responding to trolls, the forum might return to a state which brings you enjoyment again. :)

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 1m
Bottom line: Ford will be charged for "something". TPS pursing the charge that can carry "life in prison" if death threats issued, gun used.

This jumps the shark for me. Pursuing doesn't mean there's legitimacy. "Can carry," "if..." These are weasel words that don't mean anything except to hype the highest, more extreme possibility. This sounds like nothing more than gossip. It might be cop gossip, but not informed gossip.

Really starting to look like TPS just jumped the gun on thinking they had a case for extortion. From what I understand, Giroux is primarily a homicide det, so I wonder when the last time he actually cracked an extortion case was. There are subtle differences between the two - like usually in homicide cases it's easy to deduce which party is the victim. Also, he certainly hasn't ever faced a foe like Rob Ford - prominent, well-connected, a lifetime spent around criminals worth of street smarts.

At this point I've given up all hope that extortion charges will be forthcoming. It's been what, a year? So I highly doubt any new physical evidence is going to come in. The only way he gets charged at this point I think is if Lisi or somebody else turns, so I think the only is a hell of a plea bargain they've been holding out on.

Really starting to look like TPS just jumped the gun on thinking they had a case for extortion. From what I understand, Giroux is primarily a homicide det, so I wonder when the last time he actually cracked an extortion case was. There are subtle differences between the two - like usually in homicide cases it's easy to deduce which party is the victim. Also, he certainly hasn't ever faced a foe like Rob Ford - prominent, well-connected, a lifetime spent around criminals worth of street smarts.

At this point I've given up all hope that extortion charges will be forthcoming. It's been what, a year? So I highly doubt any new physical evidence is going to come in. The only way he gets charged at this point I think is if Lisi or somebody else turns, so I think the only is a hell of a plea bargain they've been holding out on.

Given everything we've seen in the ITO, I find it hard to believe that the TPS doesn't have a strong case. I think it's possible that the OPP and Crown are looking at the political implications of perp-walking Ford and/or searching his home/office/Deco in the middle of the mayoral campaign. My feeling on that whole sh*tshow last week is that the Ford arrest chatter had reached such a fever pitch that the OPP pull back was needed to diffuse the situation. MM's tweet about "private citizen" Ford is telling - my bet is that the election will play out without any charges against Ford, but by no means is he in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back