347     4 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 760     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering City Hall is funded by the citizens, can't the mayor's office be tested for drug residue?

I would imagine he has a stash in his office.

If MM is to be believed, I wonder why the judge won't give TPS a warrant to search the house/office/deco? It seems to me they have gotten every other warrant needed. Is it because the other ones had to do with Lisi, while this one has to do with Ford specifically? I sure hope the judge doesn't require a smoking gun to grant the warrant. There seems to be enough circumstantial evidence to warrant a search.

We don't know much about the other tentacles on the investigation as well. I could see a warrant for the house/office/deco being for something other than extortion.

Just wondering... has anyone ever seen a photo or selfie of RoFo hanging out with persons his own age? He is 44 years old (IIRC), but all the infamous shots are with people half his age or younger.

Is this man a closet... um, I don't want to say that word.

Paraphrasing MM:

-they don't have enough to get a search warrant on Ford
-nothing is imminent
-they don't have enough to charge him with anything yet
-TPS still isn't giving up, are hoping/wishing more evidence will fall in their lap

I guess, depending on your POV, he's backing up his claims or digging himself in a deeper pit of BS. Everything he says makes sense. He was wrong about the arrest but everything else he said was on the money; he said it was a call away but there were politics in the mix and he obviously underestimated those but it's clear TPS and others did think an arrest was on the brink of happening.

This is the POV that I subscribe to.

So, maybe I'm just optimistic but I read those tweets and think it all still adds up and remains consistent with the larger narrative. He may well be right about "private citizen Ford" having to deal with this (especially when you think about how long it takes things to court, his penchant for appeals etc.) but surely Brazen 2 can't go on THAT much longer. One would have to think that, at the latest, they're shut down by Labour Day. Hard to picture election day coming and them still saying they're going at it. At some point they have to produce a result of some kind. Still have my fingers crossed; if you don't believe a guy so overtly, well, brazen isn't going to get justice, what are you gonna believe?

Even if Ford was charged in April, he still would be dealing with this after October. I still feel like charges are coming sooner rather than later, definitely before the election.

I don't think I know anyone who even thinks like this.
I really hope that this crude style of communication doesn't take over.
It seems like something has changed in the past 2 weeks or so, and it is not such a polite thread anymore.

Sorry to upset your sensibilities, however, if you think that this thread has become crude,then you have missed the troll wars in previous pages.

I shouldn't feed the trolls, but I give as good as I get.

Last edited:
... One would have to think that, at the latest, they're shut down by Labour Day. Hard to picture election day coming and them still saying they're going at it. At some point they have to produce a result of some kind...

Can they not just keep the case open? I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't think the TPS has to officially "close" an investigation. They could simply put it on the back burner unless/until any new evidence emerges. Any inquiry by the media could be met with "Brazen 2 is ongoing". Given Fords' penchant for falling off the wagon, it may not be long before he does something that would give the TPS cause to keep digging.

Can they not just keep the case open? I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't think the TPS has to officially "close" an investigation. They could simply put it on the back burner unless/until any new evidence emerges. Any inquiry by the media could be met with "Brazen 2 is ongoing". Given Fords' penchant for falling off the wagon, it may not be long before he does something that would give the TPS cause to keep digging.

Well, yeah. Whether or not it's technically closed or back-burnered, it's kind of the same effect. The question is how much longer they'll be able to infer they still have some forward momentum. I presume at this point the question is how much further they can go with what they have and how much they care about what OPP thinks. As I said, I still believe MM.

Euler says he's been wrong about things for months but it's not true. He knew about the OPP involvement before anyone else and he was talking about the imminent arrest days before The Star ran their story and everything went sideways last week. Clearly he knows people in TPS and not so much at OPP. He's been off on timing and perhaps over-optimistic about some things but I haven't seen much that's outright WRONG.

What I don't understand is why he keeps talking about the possible warrants at Deco, Fords house and city hall. All he's doing is giving them a head's up that something is coming. Also, what drug charges? I would LOVE to see Doug go down with him and I'd REALLY love to see this go way beyond just the two of them if it means taking other scum down.

What I don't understand is why he keeps talking about the possible warrants at Deco, Fords house and city hall. All he's doing is giving them a head's up that something is coming. Also, what drug charges? I would LOVE to see Doug go down with him and I'd REALLY love to see this go way beyond just the two of them if it means taking other scum down.

Douggie is half the problem.

What I don't understand is why he keeps talking about the possible warrants at Deco, Fords house and city hall. All he's doing is giving them a head's up that something is coming.

But the OPP cleared Rob. What is there to be worried about?

Well from here it looks like the TPS is screwed unless the iPhone magically turns something up. Petty drug charges after air surveillance is not going to make Blair look good.

PS: kind request...can we do away with the photoshopped image macros? They don't add much to the conversation and aren't very funny 99% of the time.

Well from here it looks like the TPS is screwed unless the iPhone magically turns something up. Petty drug charges after air surveillance is not going to make Blair look good.

PS: kind request...can we do away with the photoshopped image macros? They don't add much to the conversation and aren't very funny 99% of the time.

Seconded.

Well, yeah. Whether or not it's technically closed or back-burnered, it's kind of the same effect. The question is how much longer they'll be able to infer they still have some forward momentum. I presume at this point the question is how much further they can go with what they have and how much they care about what OPP thinks. As I said, I still believe MM.

Euler says he's been wrong about things for months but it's not true. He knew about the OPP involvement before anyone else and he was talking about the imminent arrest days before The Star ran their story and everything went sideways last week. Clearly he knows people in TPS and not so much at OPP. He's been off on timing and perhaps over-optimistic about some things but I haven't seen much that's outright WRONG.

I agree re: MM. At this point I think the TPS is reviewing and cataloging the 10 mb of data from the iCloud, which may or may not contain evidence that incriminates Ford directly. If nothing comes out of that then my guess (based on MM's tweets tonight) is they'd need something new to keep going further.

Sorry to upset your sensibilities, however, if you think that this thread has become crude,then you have missed the troll wars in previous pages.

I shouldn't feed the trolls, but I give as good as I get.

There have never been troll wars on this thread. It has been up to recently a remarkably civil place. In the old days, the odd troll that waddled onto the thread was intelligently and quickly slaughtered, and subsequently either banned, or stopped posting because no one would put up with their bullshit.
And it is true that you and a few others have really brought down the quality of this thread in recent weeks with very immature and pissy postings.
The recent trollish attacks on MM are just more of the same kind of crap that consistently ruins threads on reddit. Its a shame this very lame kind of behaviour has infected this thread, and i hope it stops, because it makes the thread really boring, and a lot less special.
But, its true that no good thread lasts forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back