1.1K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 630     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 481     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked into a bookstore today and asked if they had it. The owner had a box of them behind the counter and, $30 later, my afternoon is booked (ahem). I won't name the store in case they were ahead, but I had indeed asked because I believed today was the scheduled release date.

Dougie on CP24 pushing airport expansion and complaining about the usual: Doolittle and Toronto Star are simply attacking his family and making up stories. No one family has given back as much as the Fords, who haven't taken anything from the public (except our collective dignity as a City, I might like to add).

Dougie on CP24 pushing airport expansion and complaining about the usual: Doolittle and Toronto Star are simply attacking his family and making up stories. No one family has given back as much as the Fords, who haven't taken anything from the public (except our collective dignity as a City, I might like to add).

They truly are puppets of the corporate world aren't they.

Now I am in favor of some type of airport expansion once the proper data has been acquired and proven. Noise isn't so much an issue for me as pollution, and being a frequent user of Porter, I want to make sure all of the safety angles have been discussed so I don't have to make a swim for it on an overshot landing at the island (if you have flown in to the Island enough you know how the cross winds can play havoc with a landing). A larger and faster plane on approach likely won't stop as fast as the current equipment...

* figuratively

FTFY

we have a higher-than-ford-nation standard of literacy in this forum :)

LOL and even though i have more than one graduate degree (*gasp* ... An ELITE?!?), more often than not you'd never know it :D

Dougie on CP24 pushing airport expansion and complaining about the usual: Doolittle and Toronto Star are simply attacking his family and making up stories. .

And Dougie said he wasn't going to go after the Globe because the Thompson family had too much money to fight against... so what is his excuse about not going after the Star (though we know these are empty excuses...)?

"No one's given back as much as the Fords" was Doug's whiny deflection when the GAM ran the story of his many years as an Etobicoke dealer.

Oh please, his family has been throwing that lawsuit bone out since day one, haven't done a thing with it, with after consulting Rusted Eye.

AoD

I walked into a bookstore today and asked if they had it. The owner had a box of them behind the counter and, $30 later, my afternoon is booked (ahem). I won't name the store in case they were ahead, but I had indeed asked because I believed today was the scheduled release date.
It is today.

Re: The Big Myth: Ford's claims to personally address constituent's needs.

The specifics of the ice storm, or any similar claims merely distracts from the point. The Ford's routinely make absurd claims and they seem to know it will get people in a tizzy arguing about the minutiae. This confusion and distraction always serves the Ford's purpose. It's their smokescreen.

Blanket statement: The next time either Ford claims to help out the little guy: Call it out as lies. It's all bullshit.

This entire myth about the Ford's dedication to helping the little guys is what needs to be dispelled. They are not making 130,000 calls to constituents per year, and they are not in-the-trenches helping out the needs of the constituents. It's simply not possible. There is no fucking way either Ford dedicates any significant amount of time to in-the-trenches constituent's work.

Giroux just said Brazen 2 was specifically to investigate the possibility of criminal behavior in the mayors office. Had he or anyone said that before?

Also, ongoing and very active, when asked if any arrests soon.

CP24 with Katie just a few mins ago. The usual Brazen 2 grew out of discoveries within Traveller was also mentioned, but I'm pretty sure the mayors office bit is new.

Re: The Big Myth: Ford's claims to personally address constituent's needs.

The specifics of the ice storm, or any similar claims merely distracts from the point. The Ford's routinely make absurd claims and they seem to know it will get people in a tizzy arguing about the minutiae. This confusion and distraction always serves the Ford's purpose. It's their smokescreen.

Blanket statement: The next time either Ford claims to help out the little guy: Call it out as lies. It's all bullshit.

Yes. This absolutely needs to be done.

The other thing that Rob relies on is being pursued by the media whenever he makes a statement or issues a bizarre, half-hearted apology. It almost doesn't matter what he's owning up to, as long as they try to run after him to get answers while he presents a simulacrum of silent dignity and being 'forced' to flee. It gets the attention of his supporters and others who might have sympathy for him. In her interview on Q, Robyn Doolittle pointed out that when Ford held the press conference with Renata after the 'eat at home' comment, he deliberately did not take the nearest exit that he always uses but dragged her through the media scrum and out the back way. It's as if he wants to tell the electorate 'look what they're making me do!'.

Obviously it's the media's job to go after the answers, but if just once they let him run away unimpeded it would show up his martyr act for what it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back