News   May 30, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   May 30, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 30, 2024
 621     0 

Toronto Architecture From The 1960's and 70's

"Thanks Goldie! Can't believe you had this! It seems that the building was nothing more than an impressive roof."
QUOTE: Marmaly.

And ashtrays, for we of whom are, lowdown, dirty, rotten, lousy, no good, smokers!

Regards,
J T

It was a curling rink I think I read. EDIT: did not read down before posted this!

Since we are on Don Mills...or in it :) Anyone find a photo of Dominion Envelope Company on Green Belt? I have taken a quick look but cannot. Even Parker Pens (next door to the east) would be good. I live in their old space :)

Sorry, not a photo of Dominion Envelope or Parker Pen, but one of Philco warehouse and offices, at Don Mills and Barber Greene.

getimage (1).jpg

This is the site of the new Don Mills Beer Store, relocated from the recently demolished 49 the Donway East, which replace the demolished curling rink. Sadly, the interior doesn't look like this any more (I checked):
interior.jpg

And the plant - now 'Barber Greene Square'
getimage.jpg

interior 2.jpg

p.s. these photos were dated 1958 so I'm probably in the wrong thread.

Attachments

• getimage (1).jpg
    getimage (1).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 965
  • getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 848
  • interior 2.jpg
    interior 2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 837
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 836
Last edited:
I was riding past Polish Combatants' just this afternoon and thinking, "They missed the war so much, they decided to build a bunker here."

Sorry, not a photo of Dominion Envelope or Parker Pen, but one of Philco warehouse and offices, at Don Mills and Barber Greene.

This is the site of the new Don Mills Beer Store, relocated from the recently demolished 49 the Donway East, which replace the demolished curling rink. Sadly, the interior doesn't look like this any more (I checked):
On the upside it now has beer :)

Attachments

• CAMH.jpg
    CAMH.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 981
  • camh2.jpg
    camh2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:

Back