Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Replace with wider sidewalks with better finishings / trees and redo the road it self ... it'd be a much different story.

I wonder when Yonge street is scheduled to be repaved ? Its a complete mess south of Bloor.

Wow, this thing is a Monster, by far the largest condo bldg. built in the last decade

Yup. This is the biggest building anyone has ever seen constructed in Toronto that people have/will notice. Trump Tower was tall, but was surrounded in every direction by massive buildings, not to mention, having a small footprint. Aura on the other hand, is quite the opposite.
It's real cool seeing people looking up at this building. I love comparing this one to NY by Gehry in lower manhattan, both residential, and both very close in height. I just hope Aura looks as tall as that building does, because that building looks insanely tall in every direction if anyone's seen it in person.

Quick vid from today:

[video=youtube;xvgmfJtqvNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvgmfJtqvNk[/video]

Yonge St. looks terrible in that last shot. Very uninviting.

That's the first thing I thought when I looked at that pic.

It really is unbelievable how the city overlooks it's most important street and how it is an incredibly pedestrian unfriendly street despite it's heavy pedestrian traffic.

What's the total square footage of Aura? Where is it on the list of buildings in Toronto by square footage?

I couldn't find any such list, but perhaps we could compile one. I imagine FCP is largest:

First Canadian Place 2,300,000 sq ft
Canadian Broadcasting Centre 1,720,000 sq ft
Scotia Plaza 1,600,000 sq ft

yeah, this part is looking particularly brilliant. the world's tallest randomly appearing spandrel installation. with cool horizontal 'silver lines' also appearing for no reason: wow! what a beast.

I have a direct view of the tower and can confirm that no work has been done since the tragic accident. The project is at a standstill.

Construction elevators have been going up & down, presumably work inside the building continues - perhaps glass installation too as suggested on SSP, but I haven't noticed any new glass on the east or north side this week. No crane action and no cement pouring. These sad events usually shut down a site for 3 or 4 days for the investigation, things will likely resume Thursday or Friday.

a photo and video by me

9616631983_94960611ff_b.jpg

[video=youtube;d6oRoDpjmkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6oRoDpjmkg[/video]

Full operations appear to have resumed today, construction elevators are busy going up and down and the crane is back in operation as of today.

yeah, this part is looking particularly brilliant. the world's tallest randomly appearing spandrel installation. with cool horizontal 'silver lines' also appearing for no reason: wow! what a beast.

It doesn't help when you use a buttered Tim Horton's bagel instead of a camera, which it appears you did...either that or you are cropping other peoples photos to impossibly grainy levels and using them to express your disdain for Aura.... I don't necessarily disagree with you about the building, but the effort you put into exposing its flaws is clearly slipping

It doesn't help when you use a buttered Tim Horton's bagel instead of a camera, which it appears you did...either that or you are cropping other peoples photos to impossibly grainy levels and using them to express your disdain for Aura.... I don't necessarily disagree with you about the building, but the effort you put into exposing its flaws is clearly slipping

Ok no need to get all harrumphing “snobby resident pro photographerâ€, “you should have used a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Lensâ€, tut-tut "impossibly grainy" on me etc. Why are these posts always about shooting the messenger? Who cares about the quality of this image? Should I have applied a cheesy HDR effect? Instagram it with a nostalgic Kodachrome look perhaps? You clearly have no idea what my motives are. It’s a crop and yes an extremely tight crop, one designed to highlight another absolutely inexcusable botch by the talentless hacks who have foisted this POS eyesore on the city.

Why are these posts always about shooting the messenger?

Because you've already delivered the same message dozens of times and in a dozen different ways. We get it. You're beating, dismembering and eviscerating a dead horse. At this point the only thing that remains interesting about your posts in this thread is just how dedicated and persistent you are in striving to bash your message into everyone's skulls. It's bordering on obsessive.

Because you've already delivered the same message dozens of times and in a dozen different ways. We get it. You're beating, dismembering and eviscerating a dead horse. At this point the only thing that remains interesting about your posts in this thread is just how dedicated and persistent you are in striving to bash your message into everyone's skulls. It's bordering on obsessive.

+1

Back