Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The angles of the north columns for the penthouse floors are borderline terrifying. It's going to make for a very interesting interior layout.

That's one nice looking skyline:

WP_20130314_009.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130314_009.jpg
    WP_20130314_009.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 836
Very cool shots everyone.

I'm only just noticing this now, but is the Yonge frontage of the actually tower at grade just a blank cement wall? I understand the lobby entrance is at the southwest corner but no windows along Yonge?

I love someMidTowner's photos above capturing the old and new in the foreground with L Tower standing proudly ahead, well done. JasonTangTO's photo beautifully captures the building's south and west sides as the exterior approaches completion, I'm blown away by how great this building is turning out. I really hope that the roof is handled well, often an area of failure on many new buildings. For me this has been the best thread ever in the P&C section for the amount of information shared as the building went up and incredible photos thanks to so many rockin' contributors. I'm really optimistic now with more and more buildings using good materials and much more interesting designs. There will still be disappointments but I think the quality of Toronto buildings is really ramping up now to an exiting new level.

It appears as though L Tower may top-out a little above the stated 205 meters (673 feet).. It already seems to be taller than Brookfield 2.

Skyjacked, any word on the current height and TO height? Cheers!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Just wanted to say thanks to all for posting these great pictures! When your out in the suburbs its great to get these updates. Also, I think its safe to say Daniel Libeskind has regained Toronto's love and trust with this beauty after the ROM.

It appears as though L Tower may top-out a little above the stated 205 meters (673 feet).. It already seems to be taller than Brookfield 2.

Skyjacked, any word on the current height and TO height? Cheers!

Technical details above my station DSD but I took this from the crane tower yesterday. It gives an idea of the slope angle on the south and west face.

DSCN4501.jpg

What's up with the color change in the last two floors of windows as seen in sMT's photos above? Maybe they are just cleaner...

What's up with the color change in the last two floors of windows as seen in sMT's photos above? Maybe they are just cleaner...

I think it might just be the angle of the glass compared to the lower floors. Those 2 floors are the first bit of the curved section I think.

Back