Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Yeah that's not a good example, Tokyo's urban area has 35 million people, more than our entire country. Toronto needs like 600 years of consistent 4% population growth for me to justify 250 sq feet downtown.

Last edited:
Yeah that's not a good example, Tokyo's urban area has 35 million people, more than our entire country. Toronto needs like 600 years of consistent 4% population growth for me to justify 250 sq feet downtown.

O.k. Got it.

Construction begins on Feb 1, 2013:

Approve the closure of the east curb lane and sidewalk on Sheppard Street, between a point seven metres north of Temperance Street and a point 17 metres further north, from February 1, 2013 to October 31, 2016.
Temperance Residence Inc. is constructing a 54-storey condominium at No. 70 Temperance Street. This project requires the above-noted measures for a period of 45 months to enable construction to proceed.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE21.68

wait how will this work then? will they try to squeeze in two lanes on the road, or just make the street 1 lane wide (and presumably one way) for 3 years?

wait how will this work then? will they try to squeeze in two lanes on the road, or just make the street 1 lane wide (and presumably one way) for 3 years?

Sheppard east side curb lane is parking in that stretch - so presumably it is the parking spots which will go. There is no parking on the west side - not legal parking anyway, so two lanes of traffic should still be able to get by. Lots of truck turning in the area, with the loading docks for Bell on the east side, and Richmond Adelaide Centre on the west side, so it is not easy at the best of times......

Great addition. Glad to see that parking lot disappear and great to see Sheppard/Temperance become something other than a back alley.

Isn't that parking garage going to be part of the 100 Adelaide development?

My understanding - the 100 Adelaide development will include the ground level parking lot immediately to the north of the building, but not the parking garage structure itself.

I believe the longer term plan is for the redevelopment of the building at 85 Richmond Street West (also owned/managed by Oxford Development) - that leases for the building are not being renewed for occupancy past 2014. I would think that it would be the 85 Richmond redevelopment which would include the parking garage, as the garage actually is adjoining the 85 Richmond West building.

Also my understanding - any redevelopment would have to preserve the main entrance lobby of 85 Richmond, which is quite striking.

Also cant wait for that parking garage across the street to get junked for a new development

yep (although don't count on it being any taller than INDX :(.. we all know why)
but ya, this entire area right now is probably the most ghetto part of the financial district. glad to see shiny new towers going up here.

As for INDX, not a huge fan of the design but it'll definitely have impact on the skyline. hoping for the best, but if it's quality fails, it will be seen by many.

My understanding - the 100 Adelaide development will include the ground level parking lot immediately to the north of the building, but not the parking garage structure itself.

I believe the longer term plan is for the redevelopment of the building at 85 Richmond Street West (also owned/managed by Oxford Development) - that leases for the building are not being renewed for occupancy past 2014. I would think that it would be the 85 Richmond redevelopment which would include the parking garage, as the garage actually is adjoining the 85 Richmond West building.

Also my understanding - any redevelopment would have to preserve the main entrance lobby of 85 Richmond, which is quite striking.

Really ? Don't think so. I think what's happening is in 2014 a lot of tenants are leaving, I think maybe there's one large one ?

I say this because go to oxford's site:
http://www.oxfordproperties.com/leasing/EN/stkplan.asp?buID=10323&buName=85%20Richmond%20St%20West%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&pType=O

They say the majority of the building is available is 2014, and it mentions in base condition.

If you have ANY experience with condos, always add at least a year to occupancy dates, especially this early on in a project. Occupancy dates don't really start to get accurate until the building is topped out.

Back