Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I don't find it repulsive.. It suits the surroundings nicely, blends well with tip top.

i like the third world feel toronto has, you know with all the busted utility poles, people walking not driving, and of course all the immigrants.

Third wold Chic!!

- You can tell immigrants from Canadians just by looking at them? Or do you mean non-white? (which would be very offensive)
- People don't walk in rich countries? London? Paris? Singapore? Are these in the 3rd world?

Your commentary is usually bizarre/outlandish, but this latest trip down the rabbit hole takes the cake! The only statement that makes any amount of sense is the one about the utility poles.

Last edited:
- You can tell immigrants from Canadians just by looking at them? Or do you mean non-white? (which would be very offensive)
- People don't walk in rich countries? London? Paris? Singapore? Are these in the 3rd world?

Your commentary is usually bizarre/outlandish, but this latest trip down the rabbit hole takes the cake! The only statement that makes any amount of sense is the one about the utility poles.

Where are the rustic wooden poles and mass of over-head electrical wires? I thought those were mandatory in all Toronto neighborhoods. We have to maintain our distinctive third world look or how will people know it's Toronto. What a pity!

I was being sarcastic.. :)

Move in Date Letter from Plazacorp + Offer to Cancel

Anyone else get a letter from Plazacorp this week? I have purchased a unit on the 23rd floor and got a letter from the builder yesterday giving me a target date of the end of May, 2011 for my move in. Anyone else get different dates for other floors?

They also offered to cancel the agreement of purchase and sale - good for a laugh considering the fact that they just sold the same unit as mine 1 floor above me for $150K more than I paid in 2007...

from today...
110.jpg

wow...that view has changed so much in the last few years, and should change even more in the next five. I hope the developers and city work together to make this a nice neighbourhood, and not just a cash grab in a booming condo market.

I wasn't sure exactly what was meant by "behind", i.e. directly behind, or what was currently going on in the general vicinity of "behind" ... eventually there's supposed to be a WHC Phase 4. It's going to be crowded back there!

Can somebody please explain to me why Plazacorp would go to the effort to light this roof at night?

I was walking here recently one night and couldn't help notice that the roof on this building is very brightly lit at night and I can't for the life of me, imagine why. First of all the roof looks unfinished, as the huge HVAC unit on top is clearly visible through the first 3 slots. Then you have precast filling the next 4 posts. Not only that but the precast has no design details at all. Even if the roof was filled in with all the panels, there still would be no reason to light it up, as it's not attractive or interesting at all. Then to top it off you have 2 more spaces that are left empty and look completely unfinished. Why would plazacorp want to light it up and call attention to something like that? It just makes no sense at all. Not only is it lit up but it's lit so brightly that your eyes can't avoid looking at that mess.

It seems like they might be doing the same stupidity on the newer building too. Do they consider exposed HVACs a selling point? People on here have said that the roof is just unfinished and that those panels will be filled in but if that is the case, why are they lighting it up at night? Hell, even if those featureless panels are put up, it's still not worth lighting up. This one seriously has me thinking WTF is wrong with Plazacorp!

dsc09092qy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oct 1 2010 update

I would expect that the rooptop mechanicals would be sealed in entirely ... it looks like the top may not be finished just yet (I would hope)~

photos that I never got around to posting previously ~

Fort York Precinct Area taking shape
IMG_5048.jpg

Loving the built form
IMG_5065.jpg

Back