Toronto Discovery at Concord Park Place | ?m | 28s | Concord Adex | BDP Quadrangle

Has anyone successfully asked Concord to add the floorplan of the unit into their Purchase and Sales agreement? Or any amendments at all? :(

As usual, I find that the contract was written to protect the builder fully, but I just want to see if anyone has successfully asked them to make slight changes to the contract to protect us slightly?

Anything else anyone has found to be frustrating dealing with the Concord people?

thanks guys!

Doesn't the purchase agreement already include that information? The only thing that I could think of that was in the "gray" area was that the exact dimensions weren't specified in the floorplan. It only states the total sq ft. + balcony. I guess they would provide that information if asked, but it would be nice that the information is readily available right on the floor plan when comparing units without the few extra steps to get that info.

Do you think it would be work the extra money (investment wise) to buy in the towers A or B (floors 9+) as opposed to the 12-floor low-rise beside McDonalds? ... same sqft and Bdrms?

IMO I would definitely go in the taller 28s towers bldg A+B rather than the 12s bldg D+E ... but thats just me because I'll all for height (which is the primary reason I'll go for condo living)

Passed by quickly and snapped this:

3579770696_46fac176b9_b.jpg

Looks the building is still not started, huh? Anybody knows any progress for this building? Maybe they will also delay D,E, besides the first A,B. :confused:

I was at the sales office a few weeks ago and I believe they were 90% sold on A and B. They were also offering free parking and locker for a 2 bed unit, not sure if they still have the promotion.

Looks the building is still not started, huh? Anybody knows any progress for this building? Maybe they will also delay D,E, besides the first A,B. :confused:

You can plainly see in the post above yours that there is construction equipment on the site now. Work would still appear to be in the early excavation phase.

May 31

IMG_may-31-09-0141.jpg

You can see tower 2 footing under construction with tower 1 ready in the back
IMG_may-31-09-0145.JPG

IMG_may-31-09-0146.JPG

IMG_may-31-09-0147.JPG

IMG_may-31-09-0148.JPG

those are some tall shoring walls .... I'm guess 4 levels underground parking ??

Lotsa workers on site here this past Tuesday. It was the first time I was in the area--ever, I'm such a downtown snob;)--and I will admit it is beginning to make some sense. However, I'd give it 25 years before it's 100% urbanized, with the removal of the Ikea/Canadian Tire, awkward intersections, overpasses etc.

Why buy a condo here when the single family housing tracts to the north look so much more attractive?

I bought unit 8 in building B. As far as I know, the prices were not dependant on the view, it was strictly sqft x $.

That was the price pre-construction on VIP day.

The prices of the suites can vary by the floor and where it is facing as some variables in determing the value of the unit.

When you're facing south, the units seems to be priced higher. Does anyone have any input as to why?

South - Facing Ikea and the highway
East - Facing a railroad/Leslie TTC station
West - Facing the Canadian Tire retail store
North - Facing McDonalds and Sheppard Ave.

Based on where you're facing....which side would you prefer and why?

City Planning Final Report

Looks like Concord Adex finally decided to build a 'real' sales office for the Concord Park Place project, shows that they are here for the long run ... this structure may even replace the head office function of their Spadina presentation centre ... eventually Concord Adex's gonna have to vacate that site to make way for the final Signature Tower at Cityplace ;)

Staff report recommending Site Plan Approval to be considered by North York Community Council on June 23, 2009.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-21832.pdf

Canadian Tire Gas Station on the East Side?

Does this mean that independent gas station has been bought by Canadian Tire to be made into a nicer looking Canadian Tire gas station? I guess that means the gas station will be staying there as a gas station.

Is MacDonalds staying put there as well?

Looks like Concord Adex finally decided to build a 'real' sales office for the Concord Park Place project, shows that they are here for the long run ... this structure may even replace the head office function of their Spadina presentation centre ... eventually Concord Adex's gonna have to vacate that site to make way for the final Signature Tower at Cityplace ;)

Staff report recommending Site Plan Approval to be considered by North York Community Council on June 23, 2009.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-21832.pdf

I thought that original gas station WAS operated by Canadian Tire (now demolished) ...

anyhow on the new CTC store site, there is zoning in place and Site Plan Application underway to build a new CTC gas bar on the portion of the parking area fronting onto Sheppard ... the old gas bar site in turn will be Concord Adex's future sales office

Back