News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 749     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Now that 2 business cease to exist today, who will be next???

I'm surprise Arua Hobby is still there as I have only seen 2 people in the store since it open.

One close early in the afternoon and would not be surprise to see them go next.

What 2 businesses are you referring too?

i know the cinnabon closed down.

walked by it yesterday heading to the subway and it was empty.

I think Kyoro or Koryo (the Koran Grill place in the food court) is gone. Or they returned from holidays very late. I'll check it out today.

Yep I'm positive they're still there and yes they do not open very often for whatever reason in particular, they close early and don't seem to open on the weekends always. Probably serving the Ryerson crown in particular.

I'm surprised with Cinnabon, I know so many Cinnabon addicts :) I'd figure it would do just as well as there other subway locations.

I'm not so surprised about Cinnabon. They're in thoroughfare on the way to the Extreme Fitness gym through the subway ;)

Koryo update: they are still open, and busy. I ordered beef & chicken, but they were out of beef, so they upgraded me to steak for free :)

While I was there, two ladies came by and asked the girls behind the counter where they'd been. The girls said they were closed, but have reopened. One of the ladies asked the girls if they were closed by Toronto Public Health (a thought that crossed my mind, but I was too polite to ask). The girls had trouble answering that one (which admittedly made me a little uneasy), but I think they didn't really understand the question.

I'm not so surprised about Cinnabon. They're in thoroughfare on the way to the Extreme Fitness gym through the subway ;)

Koryo update: they are still open, and busy. I ordered beef & chicken, but they were out of beef, so they upgraded me to steak for free :)

While I was there, two ladies came by and asked the girls behind the counter where they'd been. The girls said they were closed, but have reopened. One of the ladies asked the girls if they were closed by Toronto Public Health (a thought that crossed my mind, but I was too polite to ask). The girls had trouble answering that one (which admittedly made me a little uneasy), but I think they didn't really understand the question.

Koryo is a great place. Sure, call me bias lol

I've been to the one in Sherway and its decent for the price. There are quite a few Korean Fast Food chains in the US and this is definitely what we are lacking! I should make a trip over there and try it out!

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was a little saddened when I assumed Koryo had closed. I'm happy to hear it isn't so, it's my favourite pick in that food court.

I'm actually fairly impressed with TLS's food court, the places are certainly better than what I was expecting. However, to add to the list of broken promises and cheap-outs, I have a good feeling that there won't be any dynamic lighting on the column above Jack Astors.

Cinnabon was probably hit by the curse of the Love Guru. (Of all the movies it had to capitalize on last summer...)

I'm not surprised some businesses aren't doing well in there. The place is a hell hole.

It's beginning to remind me of this place that I remember visiting in London's Piccadilly Circus:

Trocadero Centre. It was right in the middle of the action but the interior looked and felt very cheap. SEGA world (arcades) was on the top level. For the size of the place, it sure felt really empty.

I went to watch a couple of movies this past week and the AMC theatres were eerily empty. Don't they have 24 screens? I think there were a total of 7 movies playing, some of them in multiple rooms, most of them outdated. Yet, each movie that I watched (Seven Pounds and Yes Man) was at 25% capacity.

The AMC is the nicest part of Toronto Life Square and the most needed amenity for the area. It's set up for amazing success but somehow the management can't land the biggest hits. They're all playing down at the Paramount.

Milo's Pita was my favourite, until I tried Opa, the Greek place. It's far, far better than average Greek food court chain, so don't pass it by. Their Greek salad is -real- Greek garden salad, and the owner buys the veggies from farmers markets in Ontario, so it's good stuff.

Back