Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

the recent OMB issue

I explained the OMB (non-issue) long ago... city staff screwed up on timely approvals, triggering an OMB complaint... it's all resolved and full steam ahead.. for the most beautiful swimming pool in history, possibly an EN wave pool which makes most of us surfers whet in anticipation.

So this building with be cooled by Enwave?

Is it the first residential project to do so?

Solaris shouldn't you change your signature :)

It's been quite a while since the supposed 1 Bloor East announcement.
Actually maybe that's the point and that's why you have it in your name still ;)

Again, take this with a grain of salt but I got this information from the email address provided on the website:

"
Hello Hamdi,

At present we have excavated to approximately the P6 level of what will be our underground parking garage. The pouring of concrete and the erection of the crane will occur sometime in January. We have installed a webcam that will be accessible through a link in our website in a few weeks time. Our financing has been in place for some time and it is with Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Best Regards,

Robbyn Hayden
"

That sounds like pretty good, detailed news to me....refreshing....

Solaris shouldn't you change your signature :)

It's been quite a while since the supposed 1 Bloor East announcement.
Actually maybe that's the point and that's why you have it in your name still ;)

that precisely my point ! haha ... thanks for noticing taal :D

Last edited:
January 5 2009 update

wow ... nearly a whole month to the previous post ~ had to dig for this is page 4 :D

Excavation Continues

IMG_3077.jpg
IMG_3078.jpg

Last edited:
THanks for all the photos Solaris. I walked by the site on Saturday and didn't see any equipment on site. I wondered about this, but now I suppose they removed the construction equipment from the site for the holidays.

That toboggan run's coming along nicely!

FYI - they have made progress since about 1 month ago. It's not very apparent in those pics but the main dig site - away from the ramp, has gotten a bit deeper. Hopefully everything is still a go.

The hole for the Vancouver Shangri-La was just as deep.. I remember saying to myself "wow that's one big hole"

the renderings for this building look terrific.

still, i went to vancouver this summer and their shangri-la was pretty disappointing. yes, it had (larger than BA) fins, and it has variance in form, but the glass was pretty boring. very grey.

i think it also seemed particularly underwhelming because it happens to be the tallest building of the city's skyline.

anyway, let's be positive. i hope ours has more dynamic glass and a very prominent greenroof. i also have high hopes for the podium which i can't tell if its good or not.

Back