News   May 10, 2024
 146     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 242     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 370     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Interesting. Maybe they were going to put Metropolis there instead. I see an AMC logo on the right too.
That development at Yonge & Dundas would have been perfect, but not for this location at all.

Remember: a PATH connection comes from both ends.

The south side of Adelaide should already have hoarding because of Trump. Is the new hoarding on the north side of Adelaide where the open court is to be and I presume the PATH will be built under? Or is the hoarding along Richmond Street? Is construction starting on the Bay Adeliade connection to Trump/Scotial Plaza to the south or the connection to the Bay store on the north.

Isn't there a connection already built from Scotiatower to the Bay Adelaide site? How did people access the parking garage before? Only from the street?

Isn't there a connection already built from Scotiatower to the Bay Adelaide site? How did people access the parking garage before? Only from the street?

I worked in Scotia Plaza for a time, and there was no way north in the PATH in that building. On the maps for the PATH there was, which was really annoying. That garage was not connected underground (not directly to Scotia Plaza anyway, there could have been an out of the way route) to the building, for sure.

The hoarding is directly in front of the Scotia Plaza courtyard, but the way its angled suggests that the tunnel will be directly into the new tower, and not toward the new public plaza.

And I'm almost positive that the BA site is already connected to The Bay under Richmond. I think the tunnel under Adelaide was the only missing link.

And I'm almost positive that the BA site is already connected to The Bay under Richmond. I think the tunnel under Adelaide was the only missing link.

There is a connection between the basement of the Bay to the parking garage of BA. I haven't been by there lately, but the signage had the original Bay Adelaide Centre logo with the outline of the previous tower design, similar to the signage that was there for the parking garage entrance off Richmond Street.

The missing link is the one under Adelaide.

taken from the rooftop of ryerson's engineering building.

IMG_3418.jpg

wow in that pick it really looks like a mini BMO ... the windows almost line up : - ).

It's not bad! it's fits well and makes no attempt to stand out.

I guess my only fear is that the two remaining projects will look exactly the same. Like I said I like it as is but I don't think I want 2 smaller versions.

The hoarding is directly in front of the Scotia Plaza courtyard, but the way its angled suggests that the tunnel will be directly into the new tower, and not toward the new public plaza.

Thanks for the clarification.

From Yesterday

dsc01252lw9.jpg

Back