• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
Last edited:
What an amazing night. I feel a sense of optimism and hope again for the US.
Tonight's odd note, how the hell does Ted Stevens get re-elected?! Even McCain and Palin suggested he step down.

I had better get up and walk, I'm afraid of developing thrombosis...

I am mainly concerned with what will happen when a massive wave of disappointment sweeps America when they realize that Barack Obama isn't god, and can't walk on water. This near-worship of him has been creepy, and dangerous.

I am mainly concerned with what will happen when a massive wave of disappointment sweeps America when they realize that Barack Obama isn't god, and can't walk on water. This near-worship of him has been creepy, and dangerous.

reasons obama is better than god....

1) has not engaged in genocide nor supports it

2) supporter of education and knowledge

3) supports women's rights & has good ethics

4) won't send mccain supporters to hell

5) actually exists.

If anyone doesn't agree the American south is a disease on the rest of the nation with its electoral vote-rich populations still voting McCain with Florida, Virginia, and maybe/barely North Carolina as the exceptions - while even Indiana flipped blue - I don't know what other kind of test there will be.

After 8 years of a horrific presidency, these voters still use Jesus as the excuse to vote for insanity. In some states only 20% of white voters bothered voting Obama.

If anyone doesn't agree the American south is a disease on the rest of the nation with its electoral vote-rich populations still voting McCain with Florida, Virginia, and maybe/barely North Carolina as the exceptions - while even Indiana flipped blue - I don't know what other kind of test there will be.

After 8 years of a horrific presidency, these voters still use Jesus as the excuse to vote for insanity. In some states only 20% of white voters bothered voting Obama.

how louisiana stayed a red state is a mystery. you'd think all that water would have washed away the red stain.

also, i think the republican party needs to split. they need to purge the dixiecrats. the crazies give too much power to the republican party. let the wing nuts have their own party so they will have minimal influence on elections. the alliance of fiscal conservatives with nut jobs has ruined the country. if the public wants fiscal conservatism once and a while, insanity of the worst kind shouldn't come along for the ride. it boggles the mind how right wing christians align them selves with fiscal conservatism especially because jesus explicitly states in the bible that you can't get into heaven unless you sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor. it also boggles the mind how fiscal conservatives voted for a guy like bush. they might as well voted for a coke addict who likes to use money as toilet paper and flush it down the toilet.

:D Love it!!! haha!

:D

Last edited:
one day my avatar might show me standing behind that woman instead of her riding on top of me.

What a great line to personallize why this win is so important. Obama's speech was fantastic. McCain concession was very good as well. Let's hope the unintelligent designers have been permanently put out to pasture so we can get back to scientific research. I really enjoyed your God post as well.

Looks like Prop 8 passed in California. Lots more work to do to fix that hateful side of the US.

I noticed on the the CNN.com website and on CNN on TV, that whenever they show the county or district breakdown, that the rural areas are generally red Republican while the urban areas are generally blue Democratic. There were exceptions of course, but I first noticed that when Kentucky and Tennessee came up red and they focused in on Nashville. Nashville was blue, but surrounding by red.
This continued with other more rural states coming up red until the west coast came up blue.

What a great line to personallize why this win is so important. Obama's speech was fantastic. McCain concession was very good as well. Let's hope the unintelligent designers have been permanently put out to pasture so we can get back to scientific research. I really enjoyed your God post as well.

Looks like Prop 8 passed in California. Lots more work to do to fix that hateful side of the US.

if america wants to stay "the best nation in the world", they need to lead the world in scientific discovery in the years to come. trickle-down economics may be bullshit but i believe in trickle-down science.

prop 8 is very sad. if people worried more about their nation and not what goes on in people's bedrooms, america wouldn't have suffered the bush years.

California Props

Good news and bad news:

Proposition R Bush Sewage Plant (proposal to name sewage plant in SF for Bush)
Choice Votes %
Yes 63,879 30.9%
No 143,087 69.1%
100% of precincts reporting.

Proposition 1A High-Speed Trains
Choice Votes %
Yes 4,806,338 52.3% (leading)
No 4,386,791 47.7%
92% of precincts reporting
Updated 11/05 5:55AM (PST)

Proposition 8 Same-Sex Marriage Ban
Choice Votes %
Yes 5,019,930 51.9% (leading)
No 4,656,291 48.1%
92% of precincts reporting
Updated 11/05 5:55AM (PST)

Other bad news: Franken lost (barely - 500 votes) for Senate in Minnesota. But Libby Dole (R-NC) lost and Mark Warner won in Virginia. The Old South is slowly continuing to degrade into a Deep South rump. Big senate wins in New Hampshire, and we have two Udalls in the Senate from NM and CO.

Last edited:
While I am happy that some Americans moved to the front of proverbial bus last night, indeed, are now chauffering it through some dangerous curves, I am dressed completely in black today as a result of the push to the back of the bus given to gay people by the state of California.

The superiority of the Canadian system is inherent in the fact that we do not vote on civil rights. Can you imagine if propositions existed in the 1960's: "Alabama last night voted down Proposition 16, which would have allowed blacks to vote".

Frankly, fuck them all. Sorry for the language, I can't help myself this morning.

While I am happy that some Americans moved to the front of proverbial bus last night, indeed, are now chauffering it through some dangerous curves, I am dressed completely in black today as a result of the push to the back of the bus given to gay people by the state of California.

The superiority of the Canadian system is inherent in the fact that we do not vote on civil rights. Can you imagine if propositions existed in the 1960's: "Alabama last night voted down Proposition 16, which would have allowed blacks to vote".

Frankly, fuck them all. Sorry for the language, I can't help myself this morning.

Thankfully Canada welcomes us with open arms.

Some more sad stats for you:

Arizona, ban on gay marriage -- Yes, 56%

Arkansas, ban on gay couples adopting children -- Yes, 57%

California, ban on gay marriage -- Yes, 52%

Florida, ban on gay marriage -- Yes, 62%

Nebraska, end Affirmative Action -- Yes, 58%

South Dakota, abortion limits (illegal except for rape and incest) -- Yes, 55%

We also don't vote for judges, Crown attorneys, sheriffs, and other judicial officials, keeping politics, at least to an extent, out of the judicial system. Even judges appointed to the Supreme Court are much less defined by the prime minister that appointed them than say Scalia or Thomas or Alito are. And once a court rules, that is usually it - while there are noises from the Reform wing of the Cons, there isn't a mass movement to overturn R. v. Morgentaler or Reference re Same-Sex Marriage. The mood, thankfully, is it's done and over with, the court has spoken, despite various weak attempts in Parliament.

marriage rights shouldn't be a state by state issue decided by the population. it should be a federal issue. marriage should have nothing to do with sexuality. if two adult humans want to get married, there's nothing wrong with that and it doesn't effect anyone else.

personally i don't know how any heterosexual male can be against gay marriage. every gay couple that gets married means two less people to compete with for the puntang. :D

of course, we probably lose equal woman supply to lesbianism. gay marriage is potential partner availability neutral. it's in compliance with the kyo-ho protocol. :D

Back