Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

I think this may turn out nice.

The clear glass and green cladding just feel so institutional somehow. It doesn't quite emote the luxury that they've been marketing. Maybe the green is just too green. I wonder how it would be if the green were a bit darker.

I think I'd need to see more of it up to really get a proper feel for it. So far I would say it isn't horrific by any means. It'll probably end up being one of those bland, ho-hum buildings that just blend into the background.

from Cresford's brochure

491459277_dbeb34f5a5_o.jpg

I don't mind it. It could be a very striking building once finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCN3927.jpg

Wow, lookin' sharp. I assumed this project would just be another overbearing thoughtless turd... but it looks as though it may have some redeeming qualities.

This is an interesting section of Charles St. with BSN on one side and CASA directly across the street. CASA comes across as elegant and sophisticated while BSN has a more casual, leisurely feel to it. I can see the people in CASA looking out their window to BSN and thinking, boy, those people over there really look like they're having a lot of fun. And the people in BSN looking over at CASA thinking, wow, I wonder what it's like living there, those lucky dogs.

Last edited:
from Cresford's brochure

new ......... VS ......... old

BSN-new.jpg
491459277_dbeb34f5a5_o.jpg

It definitely has started to make an impact from various vantage points now.

I think the height saves it. The extra floors added may be the best thing that could have happened to this delay-plagued beast of a project.

...I'm still trying very hard to like the green and the glass though....

I was dreading this clunker, bit it might just work.

Hopefully its an improvement to the area, as the towers around Bloor East and Sherbourne station are disastrous.

This is an interesting section of Charles St. with BSN on one side and CASA directly across the street. CASA comes across as elegant and sophisticated while BSN has a more casual, leisurely feel to it. I can see the people in CASA looking out their window to BSN and thinking, boy, those people over there really look like they're having a lot of fun. And the people in BSN looking over at CASA thinking, wow, I wonder what it's like living there, those lucky dogs.

I think Androiduk says it very well. Well enough to make me smile anyway.
This is will be one of those 'nice' buildings on a a quiet side street just off the 'big' street.
Funny. I remember us briefly looking at this one hard, before we decided on LOTE. It boiled down to personal choice of neighborhood fitting our lifestyle, but if we were doing it all over again..
I am still kind of fond of this one. Second thoughts resulting from the way it appears to be finally shaping up I guess.

BSN, Nov. 3rd

From Charles Street, east of Church

Glass & Brick

Last edited:
I think Androiduk says it very well. Well enough to make me smile anyway.
This is will be one of those 'nice' buildings on a a quiet side street just off the 'big' street.
Funny. I remember us briefly looking at this one hard, before we decided on LOTE. It boiled down to personal choice of neighborhood fitting our lifestyle, but if we were doing it all over again..
I am still kind of fond of this one. Second thoughts resulting from the way it appears to be finally shaping up I guess.

haha it took me a whole minute to figure out what LOTE meant ...hehe London ! :)

while I think I had some good compliments on BSN as it was being constructed and brick+cladding was going up ... the green windows are totally killing it for me now ~ :(

I went to the University of Western and all the newer residences there on campus are the same light brick and green window colour scheme lol.

An earlier poster mentioned something about how BSN will look like a "fun" place to live while CASA will look more luxurious. That couldn't be more true, BSN will surely bring back residence memories for anyone that went to Western haha. Keep an eye out for hot young girls in the windows of BSN having pillow fights in their lingerie :D

Back