Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

We can file a class action lawsuit against too after jan31 and probably get some cash as of unit prices today! Providing they have cash left over! People are filing for other projects , i read in reddit!

Count me in! This would be separate from the deposits we are owed though, so additional money right?

What do you mean “as of unit prices today”?

Can you find the lawyers in the Reddit thread, perhaps we can reach out to them as well and get something started.

We can file a class action lawsuit against too after jan31 and probably get some cash as of unit prices today! Providing they have cash left over! People are filing for other projects , i read in reddit!
Oh - get some cash for the difference between contract price and market values.

That would be nice for sure.

Jan 09 update from KSV link above important for people with Heartlake n Ravine.. Might be an issue with deposits. eg below of some lines..

The Receiver understands that the home buyer deposits for the Heartlake and Ravine Projects are
partially insured by Tarion as they relate to freehold homes rather than condominiums. The Receiver
understands that none of the deposits for these two Projects remain in the respective Companies’ bank accounts.

Jan 09 update from KSV link above important for people with Heartlake n Ravine.. Might be an issue with deposits. eg below of some lines..

The Receiver understands that the home buyer deposits for the Heartlake and Ravine Projects are
partially insured by Tarion as they relate to freehold homes rather than condominiums. The Receiver
understands that none of the deposits for these two Projects remain in the respective Companies’ bank accounts.
Yeah saw that. Crazy no money left and project haven't even break ground yet.

Both are different. Uptowns are condo project. Heartlake seems like freehold project

Crap.. they are toasted probably in the Bahamas!! What happen to all the cash they received!

Crap.. they are toasted probably in the Bahamas!! What happen to all the cash they received!
Still nothing for Highgrove 2! We have a payment coming out today. I’m monitoring my bank account to see if they cash the cheque. This is madness!

Did you try contacting them? If your purchase in not a condo style then your deposits will be in doubts! I woukd consult a lawyer! Vandyk is underwater!
I’m aware - we gave our cheques last May. We purchased a condo townhouse. I tried calling Vandyk a couple weeks ago and no one answered the phone as the office is closed. My lawyer advised us to wait it out as we shouldn’t default first. I’m still monitoring my bank account and they have still not cashed the cheque.

Back