Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

On the agenda for Sept 17th for Committee of Adjustment, is it the long rumoured LCBO outlet? Does anyone know somebody at Core Architects to confirm?

18. 415 KING ST W
File Number: A0840/08TEY Zoning RA (PPR)
Owner(s): CABO THREE INVESTMENTS
INC [
Ward: Trinity-Spadina (20)
Agent: CORE ARCHITECTS INC
Property Address: 415 KING ST W Community:
Legal Description: PL D253 LT1 TO LT6
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To construct a 1-storey commercial building on the southeast corner of Spadina Avenue and King Street West.
REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
1 Section 12 (2) 246 (f), Zoning By-law 438-86
Two type-B loading spaces are required to be provided.
One type-B loading space is proposed.
2. Section 7(3) Part II 1(i) & 3
The by-law requires the portion of a building located beyond 25 m of a street or a public park to be set
back a minimum distance of 7.5 m from the side and rear lot lines.
The proposed building will be set back approximately 3.0 m from the south side lot line, abutting the
lane and approximately 0.28 m from the east side lot line.

Yeah, that must be it. We're expecting an LCBO to be built on the former Budget Car rental site at the south-east corner of King & Spadina. Budget's address was 415 King St W.

I'm disappointed that it's still a single-storey proposal, but excited that Core is involved! That's encouraging, and a good indication that it won't be a beige stucco big box.

It can also be art spaces as well!

Rumour du jour from the hood for you Victory folks.

There may be an INDIGO outlet in the old Acton Leather/Hide House location at corner of Brant and King.

On the agenda for Sept 17th for Committee of Adjustment, is it the long rumoured LCBO outlet? Does anyone know somebody at Core Architects to confirm?

LCBO and Indigo?? :D

Does anyone have an idea about % sold?? also wondering if anyone has seen any movement on the site?? I was told they were hoping to begin some work in Sept/Oct, but I doubt we'll see it that early.

This morning, there were a few guys with helmets standing around the construction office on King, with one guy explaining stuff to the others and reviewing some drawings.

Looked/sounded like they were ready to do some work!

This morning, there were a few guys with helmets standing around the construction office on King, with one guy explaining stuff to the others and reviewing some drawings.

Looked/sounded like they were ready to do some work!

nice.......they said they would be digging by Oct, but I figure that it would be delayed......good sign, thanks for that. I haven't passed by in a while so might give it a go this weekend so take some pics.

The sales centre is still in place. October is a long month.

Related note: the 650 King site is totally cleared of debris, and the former Mode Condo site has the beginnings of excavation taking place on it.

The on-site building was stripped down to the trailer a few weeks ago. There's still a little bi-directional advertisement board for Victory and Liberty Market Lofts (another BLVD project) next to the street, plus a green notice regarding a variance application for a 12 storey mixed use building. BLVD is still running ads in Condo Guide and the National Post as of December 18th saying that Victory is over 80% successfully sold.

Yeah, looks like they're preparing for it. That's good news; another project underway during the worst of times.

...and a hole plugged in that stretch of King. Bring on Fashion House, the rumoured Great Gulf, and 650 King and all that remains is the parking lot by Starbucks to turn it into one of the nicest areas in the city.

(Yes, I know I left out the Travelodge. I hope it stays, in ironified hipster motel form, like The Standard in LA).

I bet Freed cannot wait to get his hands on that piece of land (Travelodge).

There's also 75 Portland, M5V, Charlie, and Glas, which is nearly complete. Yorkville Jr. is coming along nicely. It's a really great area, and it's spilling over to Wellington, too.

5 January 2008 photo update

Victory to the Trailer Park Boys?

DSC00069-4.jpg

Back