Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Now open at Union
IMG_5527.jpeg

I wonder if the original plan of a mix of National/International chains and smaller, local and independent food choices here will remain the goal, or if slowly it'll creep into just another food court that you could find in any North American mall. We have already lost a couple of the more Independent places already.

I wonder if the original plan of a mix of National/International chains and smaller, local and independent food choices here will remain the goal, or if slowly it'll creep into just another food court that you could find in any North American mall. We have already lost a couple of the more Independent places already.
I suspect that Osmington, who are in charge of all the retail, would LIKE a mix of national and international and local and for the Union Station 'mall' to become a destination but I bet they also want to get rent.

Awesome, if only for a convenient place to recycle the capsules. With the steady disappearance of the Canada Post mailboxes, it's been a lot harder to find somewhere to return them!

Wait what independent places have closed in the market already??

Wait what independent places have closed in the market already??
Not in the “Market” area per se…
I think we’re talking about the recent closures in the York Concourse Food Court: Scaccia & Bangkok Buri…
We also lost other businesses over the last few years; mostly in the *Front Street Promenade*, yes? Calii Love is one place I miss. Saudade has now gone too? (Each of those have/had other stores in the city.)

IMO: The advent of a Source outlet near the Foodie Aisle (?) in the Bay Concourse leans toward the usual mall vibe while the Kibo’s bento box offerings feel very … train station.

I think we’re talking about the recent closures in the York Concourse Food Court: Scaccia & Bangkok Buri…
We also lost other businesses over the last few years; mostly in the *Front Street Promenade*, yes? Calii Love is one place I miss. Saudade has now gone too? (Each of those have/had other stores in the city.)

IMO: The advent of a Source outlet near the Foodie Aisle (?) in the Bay Concourse leans toward the usual mall vibe while the Kibo’s bento box offerings feel very … train station.
Several of the stores in the Front street Promenade are 'pop-ups' and not intended to be permanent.

I love the Kibo though - reminds me of "ekiben" in Japan. And though I somewhat agree about the Source, it was very handy for grabbing headphones ahead of a 5hr stint on the train to Montreal when I'd forgotten mine.

Back