News   May 17, 2024
 129     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 607     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 852     1 

Salvation Army's Harbour Lights Centre (Diamond Schmitt)

some more pics from the other sides taken today.

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03923.jpg

Progress this morning, plus the park-like area of the armoury across the street on the east side of Jarvis.

The southern, bricked portion is a little too institutional and slightly oppressive even with the addition of the glassed in projection on the 4/5th floor. A minor quibble though, considering the state of the area and what was there before.

AoD

I had the same thought. It looked a little sleeker and less institutional in the renderings.

I have been watching this project for some time, waiting and hoping that the aluminum siding on the main sanctuary, worthy of a cheap garden shed from 1974, is covered up with something of interest and of quality. The pictures hardly capture how awful it looks (but it gives you some idea).

It would be a shame if this house of worship ends up clad in this bland, cheap and aesthetically drab (and industrial) material, instead of something that reflects its 'spiritual' and 'higher' calling.

I don't think that's the final cladding?

I have been watching this project for some time, waiting and hoping that the aluminum siding on the main sanctuary, worthy of a cheap garden shed from 1974, is covered up with something of interest and of quality. The pictures hardly capture how awful it looks (but it gives you some idea).

It would be a shame if this house of worship ends up clad in this bland, cheap and aesthetically drab (and industrial) material, instead of something that reflects its 'spiritual' and 'higher' calling.

Looking at these photos, you can see that they will be putting glass up and it seems that it will be illuminated from behind.

Since when was framework ever pretty?

We're so quick to judge I feel sorry for the aluminum sheets.

Back