Toronto Elevate at Logan | 16.76m | 4s | Kaleido | SRN Architects Inc.

Yeah, the window treatment is neat in concept but the execution is coarse and heavy-handed - too visually thick. Agreed too that the brick is nice to see but the stark contrast between the black and the reddish brick is unfortunate. Personally, I don't mind the "misalignment" on the ground floor - it's admittedly quirky but it doesn't offend me. The building looks tidy enough, with clean lines. But those windows - a bit of a missed opportunity there.

Yikes.

The idea here is not a bad one.......but some serious execution flaws. I agree w/ @tripwire on the windows. I'm not opposed to what they were aiming for, but they missed the mark.

But the worse sin to me is that central section of the building which the ground level floor looks completely misaligned with ( I can see they thought about this too, which makes it worse, its mean to flip the look/shapes
of the upper floors)

Also the black brick looks ridiculous here.

Is it wrong that I kind of want to buy the entire building just so I can fix the facade and flip it for 2x in six months?
You’re right, this one had potential but was a poor execution

Seems legit 😬

IMG_6696.jpg

This comment may not age well but I feel this development because of its external aesthetic and location may capitalize on the popularity of 875 Queen/246 Logan and the high priced freeholds nearby. The finished product may not matter as much as one might think

Any other purchasers here? Just going through their legal docs and saw a water heater rental contract for $169.99 plus HST/month for TEN yrs! Buy out is just over $23k!!! That can’t be right?!?

Any other purchasers here? Just going through their legal docs and saw a water heater rental contract for $169.99 plus HST/month for TEN yrs! Buy out is just over $23k!!! That can’t be right?!?
They are a bunch of criminals. They pushed people for express deposits, asked for more money, delayed with two weeks notice over and over again, downgraded appliances...terrible builder. Hopefully the final product comes out better than their service.

Reactions: RTM

Back