News   May 02, 2024
 741     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 213     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 288     0 

York Gardens Town Homes (346 Jarvis, 4s)

Was wondering the same thing... who is expected to pay for repairing the damage to Radio City?

I'm sure Radio City's insurance company will pay for the repairs to the exterior and pursue the builder (or contractor) next door / their respective insurance companies. Residents would have their own policies and their insurance companies would also purse the builder /contractor as well.

Many of the residents here (both towers) use their balconies frequently. It's the best feature of my unit. (My unit is only 575 sq. ft. but the balcony is 125 sq. ft. It's great in the summer.)

I agree, your balcony is great, BuildTO. When will you be holding your next big bash there?

In addition to the generous dimensions of your balcony, and the enthusiasm of your neighbours in putting on a good show for us at Pride, the ground floor space between the buildings, where we met at Nuit Blanche, is well thought out. The seating, those sculptural lighting things, how the design of the Radio City podiums/towers takes cues from the Ballet School, and how the space between the buildings doesn't feel like leftover dead space are all fine solutions.

Project now for sale

I'm suprised that Hallstone was the builder at this site. They have built some nice projects in North York.

You can now buy this site for $1.8 mil.

Real Estate Type : Vacant Land
Land Size : x FT|2 - 4.99 acres
General Description
(6) Partially Built Stacked Townhome Site Located At Jarvis & Carlton, Site Is Being Sold In ""As Is"" Condition.**** EXTRAS **** N/A

MLS®: C1419003

I would guess this is a bank/tax sale now. The lot would be worth more leveled and cleared however it appear the owner can't even afford to invest that.

I would guess this is a bank/tax sale now. The lot would be worth more leveled and cleared however it appear the owner can't even afford to invest that.

Half of the site was cleared in a fire last year that claimed the life of a homeless person. The city should have demanded that the remaining townhouses be torn down as the structure - basically a pile of highly flammable polystyrofoam forms - presents a huge fire hazzard. If there is another fire it will probably take out the Ballet building sitting a few inches to the North.

construction resumes

I walked by this site today and was surprised to see that construction has resumed on this ill-fated project (boarded up for over a year since the fire that claimed the life of a homeless person). Given the obviously shoddy workmanship of the Townhouses (reminds me of treehouse construction - check out the earlier posts to see what I mean) I thought for sure that the only option would be to demolish the structure. Apparently someone has bought the property and is going to have a go at finishing it. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. The brick veneer that they are applying to the front looks attractive but it is hard to imagine how they can salvage the rest of this mess. It will be especially interesting to see how they are able to apply cladding to the north wall. Currently it is exposed polyurethane foam and there is only about one foot separating this wall and the adjacent Ballet School Building. It is going to take some very SKINNY workers to get this job done.

Last edited:

Back