News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 721     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Cycling infrastructure (Separated bike lanes)

It's likely that Transportation will install flexi-posts at driveways and gaps to deter people driving in the bike lane. They've done that with other two-way cycle tracks and contraflows in recent years.

But honestly, Montreal has these types of bike lanes everywhere, and it's no big deal.
1684536870717.png

1684537037932.png

In fact, it looks like our concrete barriers are slightly higher than theirs and the bikeway is comfortably wide for cyclists.
1684537246420.png

The City plans to tender in January 2023 and construction to commence in May 2023.

Has construction on this started?

Has construction on this started?

Not so far as I know.

There was a hiccup.

Not the City's fault

It should have been resolved by now.

I may have more to say on that later.

The Complete Street work for Queensway is now set for 2024.

A report to the General Government Committee outlines that the City needs to do an expropriation of 40m2 (roughly 400ft2) from the Ontario Food Terminal in order to complete the project properly.

I had been under the (wrong?) impression that the OFT was on provincial land....... huh.

From the above:

1684853475167.png

1684853569462.png

Any update on the east Danforth Ave extension? Toronto.com noted in March the first segment was planned for this summer (Vic Park to Kingston per toinview), and that consultation would likely be this May (no mention on Crawford's facebook yet). I saw earlier in this thread that the contract was awarded in Dec 2022

Any update on the east Danforth Ave extension? Toronto.com noted in March the first segment was planned for this summer (Vic Park to Kingston per toinview), and that consultation would likely be this May (no mention on Crawford's facebook yet). I saw earlier in this thread that the contract was awarded in Dec 2022

Unfortunately, consultation has been bumped to fall.

Consultants and cycling unit were ready. That's about all I should say.

@jamaps we must have just missed each other. ha.

this bike infrastructure is looking nice. sitting on a patio at le select bistro or in Victoria Memorial Square will look and feel better seeing all the bikes cruising by.

pics of wellington between bathurst and portland:

IMG_3197.jpeg
IMG_3201.jpeg
IMG_3200.jpeg

and pics of wellington between portland and spadina.

IMG_3210.jpeg
IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3211.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3208.jpeg
    IMG_3208.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 37
Now for something NOT so good.

The City and Ports Toronto are doing major (and much needed) repairs to the bascule bridge on Cherry Street. Last year they completed the western half, this year it is the east side and they have just closed the Martin Goodman trail (or re-routed it). Unfortunately, their temporary (for 8+ months) solution is to have cyclists (and pedestrians) going south to continue to cross Polson Street just south of the new bridge and then immediately cross Cherry to get to the east side (as previously) - both with lights. Then you continue south on Cherry for ca 300 meters until the bascule bridge where everyone is forced to cross Cherry again, go over the bridge on the west side and the cross back to the east side of Cherry. These two crossings are poorly marked, narrow and dangerous.

I just wrote and asked why they do not build a temporary trail on WEST side of Cherry from Polson to south of the bascule bridge. If/when I hear something I will report.

I copied Councillor Fletcher and others may want to discuss with cycling groups - it is VERY dangerous!

Back