News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

The express bus + train combo is takes the same time as the train anyway, with the new train schedule increasing travel times to around 2 hours, 20 minutes. The train is much easier when you have a bike though. Hopefully they improve the schedule in June.

I usually end up taking the train to Niagara and taking the bus back...seems like a lot of people do this since there were 3 busloads for the 5:52pm express bus 2 weeks ago.

The express bus + train combo is takes the same time as the train anyway, with the new train schedule increasing travel times to around 2 hours, 20 minutes. The train is much easier when you have a bike though. Hopefully they improve the schedule in June.

I usually end up taking the train to Niagara and taking the bus back...seems like a lot of people do this since there were 3 busloads for the 5:52pm express bus 2 weeks ago.

Having been to Niagara a gazillion times over the past 30 years I think what I may do is take the earliest train out to Burlington and take the bus from there. I only need to go to Niagara Falls, NY to get something for my cousins in Hungary and I am coming home.

Niagara is the worlds largest tourist trap and I have no desire to drop any money on Clifton Hill.

Having been to Niagara a gazillion times over the past 30 years I think what I may do is take the earliest train out to Burlington and take the bus from there. I only need to go to Niagara Falls, NY to get something for my cousins in Hungary and I am coming home.

Niagara is the worlds largest tourist trap and I have no desire to drop any money on Clifton Hill.
lol yep, literally every time I go, I head directly to New York State since I have a mailbox there. But I usually end up staying a while to do some shopping as well.

lol yep, literally every time I go, I head directly to New York State since I have a mailbox there. But I usually end up staying a while to do some shopping as well.
Is Niagara Falls, NY still the dilapidated dump that I remember it as?

I'd be surprised if it was that ferry idea that keeps coming up, kinda competes with the province's GO train.

I suspect that this is what it may be.

Ford just announced plans for the supposed terminal point in Toronto.

And, he is very susceptible to shiny stuff and not that focussed on nuts and bolts.

- Paul

According to Twitter Niagara GO service is getting increased to 3x daily, 7 days a week.
I’ve read the Alstom job sheet and I can’t fully understand them but I’m almost 100% sure this is not true, there’s no mention of 3 weekday Union Station-Niagara Falls-Lewis Road Yard jobs.

Edit: Seems I was wrong about this again, I’m going to start taking these Alstom sheets with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Is Niagara Falls, NY still the dilapidated dump that I remember it as?
It is surprisingly…uninspired and tired…especially when compared to the Canadian side. If anyone wants to see the effect of parking lots on a downtown they should simply walk across the bridge and compare the two cities.

The state park on the NY side is really nice though, and the under-construction Welcome Centre looks like it’s going to be quite nice.

Back