487     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Looks like the TTC doesnt want anyone to get home tonight:

1682981597467.png

I mean seriously no one

1682981619583.png

Oh you all thought I was joking? Nobody is getting home tonight:

1682981669283.png

....Literally half the subway network is out at the exact same time as of the 6pm hour. Good thing we have absolutely 0 punishment for this kind of rubbish, so the behavior will go on and on.

View attachment 473574

I mean seriously no one

View attachment 473575

View attachment 473576

....Literally half the subway network is out at the exact same time as of the 6pm hour. Good thing we have absolutely 0 punishment for this kind of rubbish, so the behavior will go on and on.
Well at least there’s some form of karma

View attachment 473574

I mean seriously no one

View attachment 473575

View attachment 473576

Not sure why most of the above would be the TTC's fault, beyond the unwillingness of government to fund Platform Edge Doors.

The people being disruptive are those causing the disruption.

I take back what I said. He might actually be dead.

Still, people need to know how dangerous this is. Hope this serves as a warning to others.
People know how dangerous it is, but they still choose the path of idiocy. Unfortunately thousands of people are inconveiniced by it, workers end up tramautized, first responders are forced to clean the scene, etc.

Not sure why most of the above would be the TTC's fault, beyond the unwillingness of government to fund Platform Edge Doors.

The lack of enforcement of existing by-laws and making the punishments a lot more severe would be a very good interim measure to drastically reduce this non-sense, seeing as our politicians couldnt care less about Platform Screen Doors at the moment unfortunately. This is something TTC management can address, but currently they choose to sit on their hands and do nothing so my fingers go straight back to the TTC. We cant depend on the idiots who run onto the tracks and jump on trains to all of a sudden have a moment of truth and for common sense to magically sink into their minds.

I remember the days where people were actually somewhat afraid to get fined walking into the fare-paid area of any given station, let alone pulling any of the current crazy acts.

According to Steve Munro ( https://stevemunro.ca/2023/05/01/king-streetcars-return-to-king-street/ ) the 504 King streetcars are again running on King from Broadview to KQR and will be going up to Dundas West on 7 May.
I can't see any information on the TTC website at all. If I was to believe the website, there are 504A/504B streetcars running all the way from Dundas West station to Broadview station, using the Dufferin Gate and Cherry loops.

Maybe this link isn't supposed to be broken - https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisori...4-Bus-service-resuming-on-Roncesvalles-Avenue

The lack of enforcement of existing by-laws and making the punishments a lot more severe would be a very good interim measure to drastically reduce this non-sense, seeing as our politicians couldnt care less about Platform Screen Doors at the moment unfortunately. This is something TTC management can address, but currently they choose to sit on their hands and do nothing so my fingers go straight back to the TTC. We cant depend on the idiots who run onto the tracks and jump on trains to all of a sudden have a moment of truth and for common sense to magically sink into their minds.

I remember the days where people were actually somewhat afraid to get fined walking into the fare-paid area of any given station, let alone pulling any of the current crazy acts.
The court system is massively congested. This was true even before the pandemic and is now even worse.

I'm not as familiar with TTC, but with the CBSA, most people who smuggle low quantities of drugs are let go because crown attorneys deem that it's not worth pursuing given the backlog. It sometimes takes over a year from arrest to trial (at which time, many minor charges get dropped because witnesses no longer want to show up or forget what happened). There are a lot of police officers to arrest people, but not enough judges to hold trials and sentence people. Police officers feel demotivated because they know that the people they catch are just going to end back up on the streets. Adding more police/security is popular with the public, but the real bottleneck is in the court system.

Spadina and St. Clair?!?
As in the whole "U" plus some? I am certain they can turn back elsewhere.
Yup no typo, it was the entire thing.

The court system is massively congested. This was true even before the pandemic and is now even worse.
It's a good thing we elected a premier who just exasperates the problem tenfold. Even though this is the case, the first step in actually trying to address a problem is taking action, something which the TTC continues to not do.

I can't see any information on the TTC website at all. If I was to believe the website, there are 504A/504B streetcars running all the way from Dundas West station to Broadview station, using the Dufferin Gate and Cherry loops.

Maybe this link isn't supposed to be broken - https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisori...4-Bus-service-resuming-on-Roncesvalles-Avenue
Platforms are not done as of April 28 and will they be done by the 6th??? Then the 504 only has a short span going to Broadview once Queen work is done until the loop gets rebuilt in June

There was some discussion a few weeks ago about the TTC's planned expansion of the Broadview Station Loop and the delays that occur as streetcars leave the station and wait to get onto Broadview. It was suggested that a traffic light is required at Broadview and Erindale. This made sense to me and I asked Councillor Fletcher's office if this is happening in 2023.

It is NOT, but her office referred me to this 2020 Staff report. https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2020/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-156175.pdf Fletcher is still, I think, in favour of a light but if it is to happen she will need to move VERY speedily!

Platform edge doors aren't going to prevent the situation at St. George, which was a pair of "urban explorers" who thought it might be fun to check out Lower Bay in the middle of the day.

Dan

Back