Upper East Village (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

Spoke to soon. I just received another email today stating my date is pushed back 3 more days to Jan 13th. Stating the same issue as the last one with the TSSA strike.
ok. three days isn't too bad. i never get updates/ emails/ letters. still waiting!

Has anyone moved in or have any news? We have been told we can move in on February 17. I’m wondering if that’s realistic? I’m also wondering what residents-to-be think about the builders offer to for residents to pay the balance in full or in part upon occupancy for a 1% fee? Thanks for your help.

I moved in on the 2nd floor 2 weeks ago..the 2nd floor was moved in late as people from 3 to 8 were already in or had units for lease before I got in.

I was never offered the option to do a partial pay.That sounds interesting. The occupancy fees are pretty high since the interest rates are so high now so I would be interested in that option. Did that come from your lawyer or from the builder directly?

Has anyone moved in or have any news? We have been told we can move in on February 17. I’m wondering if that’s realistic? I’m also wondering what residents-to-be think about the builders offer to for residents to pay the balance in full or in part upon occupancy for a 1% fee? Thanks for your help.
what is this 1 % fee? my move in date has now been pushed back to mid june

I moved in on the 2nd floor 2 weeks ago..the 2nd floor was moved in late as people from 3 to 8 were already in or had units for lease before I got in.

I was never offered the option to do a partial pay.That sounds interesting. The occupancy fees are pretty high since the interest rates are so high now so I would be interested in that option. Did that come from your lawyer or from the builder directly?
congratulations on having moved in. How are you enjoying it? my move in date is now mid june - it was originally march.

congratulations on having moved in. How are you enjoying it? my move in date is now mid june - it was originally march.
So far so good. The suite is nice. I didnt do any upgrades (wasnt really an option except for floors and counters) and overall everything is nice. I feel they could have installed basic lights in the rooms but they just did the wiring for your own light fixtures which is probably what was listed in the agreement. They didnt wire other rooms for Internet so your hispeed router will sit in your hallway closet. They did list this in the schedule B saying all rooms would be wired for telephone and cable but instead they just left the ability to wire it yourself which is annoying

Few pre-con headaches as expected as its still under construction...like hot water isnt hot, heating doesnt seem to work well..no mailboxes or lockers and no assigned parking yet.

They pushed you back quite a bit. Which floor are you on? I think they still havent gone beyond 8 yet. In the elevator the other buttons are blocked off from pressing

So far so good. The suite is nice. I didnt do any upgrades (wasnt really an option except for floors and counters) and overall everything is nice. I feel they could have installed basic lights in the rooms but they just did the wiring for your own light fixtures which is probably what was listed in the agreement. They didnt wire other rooms for Internet so your hispeed router will sit in your hallway closet. They did list this in the schedule B saying all rooms would be wired for telephone and cable but instead they just left the ability to wire it yourself which is annoying

Few pre-con headaches as expected as its still under construction...like hot water isnt hot, heating doesnt seem to work well..no mailboxes or lockers and no assigned parking yet.

They pushed you back quite a bit. Which floor are you on? I think they still havent gone beyond 8 yet. In the elevator the other buttons are blocked off from pressing
I’m glad to hear you are enjoying it, other than the lack of hot water. Hope that gets straightened out soon !
The condo. I’m in right now has the router in the den closet. Closets must be the location of choice these days!?!

Is the heating system fairly quiet? And any idea if u can put a nest thermostat on there ?

I’m on the 20th floor so I guess I’m one of the last to move in
I was hoping to be in by March but as long as I can get in before summer is done, I will be happy!

if you don’t mind sharing, what floor are you on?

I’m glad to hear you are enjoying it, other than the lack of hot water. Hope that gets straightened out soon !
The condo. I’m in right now has the router in the den closet. Closets must be the location of choice these days!?!

Is the heating system fairly quiet? And any idea if u can put a nest thermostat on there ?

I’m on the 20th floor so I guess I’m one of the last to move in
I was hoping to be in by March but as long as I can get in before summer is done, I will be happy!
Yeah..closets are the cheap way! It does look like they wired the living area, but in the closet you will need to get the cable crimped as they just left the wire

Heating system does have some noise to it. I wouldnt say its loud but you can notice it. Unlike my last condo that had a heat pump in the wall, this one appears to be in the ceiling. So far not working to well in my unit, having them come by and take a look as i really only feel heat in the 2nd bedroom.

I wish they just gave us a smart thermostat. Im not sure if it supports a nest. The installed one is by mitsubishi. I was asking the customer care person about the unit, he described it as a heat pump but the actually unit is in the hallway (outside of our unit). Not sure if that helps to know if a nest will work

Well atleast being on the 20th you are the 2nd last floor to move in. Less occupancy fees!

Has anyone heard about when final closing would be?

Builder has given us an option to put additional deposit down prior to occupancy (which would reduce occupancy fee because a portion of that is from interest on remaining balance). But the builder is charging a 1% admin fee on whatever extra deposit you put down.

For anyone that has moved in already - do you know what interest rate is being used for that calculation? My lawyer said they have seen 6%+ interest rate being used.

Yeah..closets are the cheap way! It does look like they wired the living area, but in the closet you will need to get the cable crimped as they just left the wire

Heating system does have some noise to it. I wouldnt say its loud but you can notice it. Unlike my last condo that had a heat pump in the wall, this one appears to be in the ceiling. So far not working to well in my unit, having them come by and take a look as i really only feel heat in the 2nd bedroom.

I wish they just gave us a smart thermostat. Im not sure if it supports a nest. The installed one is by mitsubishi. I was asking the customer care person about the unit, he described it as a heat pump but the actually unit is in the hallway (outside of our unit). Not sure if that helps to know if a nest will work

Well atleast being on the 20th you are the 2nd last floor to move in. Less occupancy fees!
Oh my gosh. Sorry I just saw this response !
I hope they fixed your heating issue by now

Where I am living , you can barely feel the heat at all. I wonder if there are some vents that might be closed off in the pipes somewhere. Apparently that was the case in my cousins building.

And the fan in the bathroom here sounds like a freight train- it comes on automatically about 10 times per day!

I will really have to look into the nest once I’m in. You would think smart thermostats would be everywhere these days ?

I knew the closets were going to be just the wire type . I will have to get a closet system in there as soon as I move in - it’s too much work to organize a year down the road once you’re settled. Lol

Aim dying to see the interiors. - I may just have to visit one of the open house days that seem to be going on

Has anyone heard about when final closing would be?

Builder has given us an option to put additional deposit down prior to occupancy (which would reduce occupancy fee because a portion of that is from interest on remaining balance). But the builder is charging a 1% admin fee on whatever extra deposit you put down.

For anyone that has moved in already - do you know what interest rate is being used for that calculation? My lawyer said they have seen 6%+ interest rate being used.
I have not heard anything yet.
When is your occupant. Mine is currently mid June

Now that I read that I could wait til August. Lol

15th floor, mid April is occupancy.
wow that is right around the corner! only 3 weeks. i have never bought a condo from plans, so im not too familiar with how the occupancy fee situation works. i hope its only for a few months, and not a year long thing.
any insight is appreciated!

Oh my gosh. Sorry I just saw this response !
I hope they fixed your heating issue by now

Where I am living , you can barely feel the heat at all. I wonder if there are some vents that might be closed off in the pipes somewhere. Apparently that was the case in my cousins building.

And the fan in the bathroom here sounds like a freight train- it comes on automatically about 10 times per day!

I will really have to look into the nest once I’m in. You would think smart thermostats would be everywhere these days ?

I knew the closets were going to be just the wire type . I will have to get a closet system in there as soon as I move in - it’s too much work to organize a year down the road once you’re settled. Lol

Aim dying to see the interiors. - I may just have to visit one of the open house days that seem to be going on

They finally fixed my heat after 1.5 months. It ended up being they didnt connect one of the air ducts lol...took they way too long to fix it though..now I can feel lots of air flow in all vents

There are honestly some things you think would be standard. I would have thought by now we would have got smart thermostats. I also thought we would have gotten a pull out facuet in the kitchen sink as listed in our Schedule A (or is it B i forget). But nope, not included, they changed their minds. Mind you I didnt upgrade to the black faucets and my unit, 2bed+2bath 860 sq feet, had almost no upgrade options available besides counter colours, floor colours and faucets. I was hoping to upgrade that appliance to full size

If you want to take a look at what units look like. Try going on house sigma or realator.ca and search for 33 Frederick Todd way for units for lease, tons of units on there with photos

Back