Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

I got hit with a $50K adjustment for HST. I pushed back and they are going to absorb it but its been reduced by about half. But nonetheless, that was a surprise on closing. My previous lawyer retired and my stuff passed to a new one - not sure how they didn't catch it. But this builder passes the HST rebate to the owners and its above and beyond the purchase price.

I got hit with a $50K adjustment for HST. I pushed back and they are going to absorb it but its been reduced by about half. But nonetheless, that was a surprise on closing. My previous lawyer retired and my stuff passed to a new one - not sure how they didn't catch it. But this builder passes the HST rebate to the owners and its above and beyond the purchase price.

Hmm .. i just signed what lawyer drafted. I have no idea about what happened with hst. I understood it as the hst rebate is going back to the builder and the buyer. Is this right?

My
Did anyone else get hit with the HST surprise on closing or was it just me?
I'm not sure if this helps or not - my lawyer had me fill in the form for the HST rebate, I'm renting the condo to a close family member, that could be why I'm eligible for the rebate.

I think I’m getting the rebate as far as I’m aware and I’m not renting it out. But my lawyer did everything and showed me the amount I’ll get back.

Does that happen automatically or it requires time? I just closed mines on October 20.

Is anyone else finding this building full of Airbnb and hallways messy? Or has there been any issues so far since you’ve moved in?

I’m hoping beanfield or fiberstream will be ready soon. Don’t want to continue paying for Bell.

Check your declaration regarding short term rentals. Many newer buildings allow them.

Hello, We are thinking about purchasing a condo in this building. Would like to know the approx. cost of hydro each month (bill) and how much does cable tv and internet run?
Is this a quiet building? Any feedback or comments would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

I think I’m getting the rebate as far as I’m aware and I’m not renting it out. But my lawyer did everything and showed me the amount I’ll get back.

Does that happen automatically or it requires time? I just closed mines on October 20.

Is anyone else finding this building full of Airbnb and hallways messy? Or has there been any issues so far since you’ve moved in?

I’m hoping beanfield or fiberstream will be ready soon. Don’t want to continue paying for Bell.
I believe it requires time and happens automatically from what I'm aware as far as rebates go.

I haven't seen airbnb much. We do get the odd party at 4am with loud music which annoy the heck out of me.
as far my unit, when they did the HVAC change out. Apparently, my unit had the worst installation and the builder had installed the hvac unit very poorly so now i have to wait for builders to come and fix it next week.

We're finding our laundry machine hasn't been the best and our dishwasher has a weird smell coming out of it(if anyone had any tips on how to fully clean out a dish washer, i've tried the dishwasher cleaners but no luck so far)

That's strange, Onni, sent an email out just a month before closing date saying they had some parking spots available and they quoted the identical price of $40,000 from the January 2019 price list of $40,000..

Back