Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

Couldn't they have made the wall along the rails a little more aesthetically pleasing?
All the people that come in to the city on Via from the west and GO see that. It looks pretty crappy.

GO should commission huge murals from some local graffiti talent. That would be awesome; transform the rail corridor into an art gallery.

it would cheaper then having to come every month and painting over the graffiti.

NEVER. say. that.

We do not need more advertising, our culture is choking us to death with it. I like the idea of art murals going up though... enlarged copies of local artists' paintings or even supersized copies of Group of Seven works for all I care. Give AGO rights to the space! :)

GO should commission huge murals from some local graffiti talent. That would be awesome; transform the rail corridor into an art gallery.

Forget comissioning some lame 'legal-wall' piece. All that GO needs to do is stop painting over the countless throw-ups, tags and bombs which adorn these walls. There are excellent pieces from Gramz, Spur, KPS, Carma and others already there; we don't need GO 'comissioning' some 'graffiti' (the idea of 'legal graffiti' has always seemed somewhat of a paradox to me) in a vain attempt to seem 'cool.'

we don't need GO 'comissioning' some 'graffiti' (the idea of 'legal graffiti' has always seemed somewhat of a paradox to me) in a vain attempt to seem 'cool.'

Poochiefitti?
02.gif

Forget comissioning some lame 'legal-wall' piece. All that GO needs to do is stop painting over the countless throw-ups, tags and bombs which adorn these walls. There are excellent pieces from Gramz, Spur, KPS, Carma and others already there; we don't need GO 'comissioning' some 'graffiti' (the idea of 'legal graffiti' has always seemed somewhat of a paradox to me) in a vain attempt to seem 'cool.'
Rage against the mall!!

I'm just saying GO could offer up sanctioned wall space for them to do their thing. If paying them for it makes it "uncool," then fine, although this is already being done by the City (Joe Pantalone's Utility Box Urban Art Project) with awesome results.

I agree, the utility box project was a great idea. All I'm saying is that there are more ways to beautify spaces without payment.

Couldn't they have made the wall along the rails a little more aesthetically pleasing?
All the people that come in to the city on Via from the west and GO see that. It looks pretty crappy.

Parade will be more pleasing. I forget exactly what was said at a public meeting for the area, but the concrete walls were a concern to some of the locals. This was acknowledged by the Concord representative who said at Parade there will be no blank concrete walls but glass windows and a little precast (i think).

thanks for those - I was wondering when somebody would get us the first real pics of this one and it only took until the 5th floor!

Back