News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 659     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Let's first finish basics like electrification and double tracking lol

GO could add this to their list of services, including going over the lake.

PmPIru7.jpg

GO could add this to their list of services, including going over the lake.

PmPIru7.jpg

The company that makes this is called Hybrid Air Vehicles. I've had my own idea for an even more "hybrid" blimp, in that it would incorporate a quadcopter. It wouldn't exactly float, but the increased buoyancy of the blimp component would increase payload capability and extend range of the quadcopter airship. Not so much for passenger travel, but as a UAV for lugging construction equipment and materials to remote locations.

The company that makes this is called Hybrid Air Vehicles. I've had my own idea for an even more "hybrid" blimp, in that it would incorporate a quadcopter. It wouldn't exactly float, but the increased buoyancy of the blimp component would increase payload capability and extend range of the quadcopter airship. Not so much for passenger travel, but as a UAV for lugging construction equipment and materials to remote locations.

That didn't end well last time:

That didn't end well last time:

lol gosh I shouldn't laugh because of the casualties, but it just looks so unwieldy. Cheers for finding this tho, had no idea the general concept was attempted. Modernized and incorporated together properly, I think it would work quite well. Quadcopters have come a long way. Hopefully unmanned for its maiden voyage this time round.

Can someone guess how many stations are on this map? (Yes, I counted)

I've been working on this map for about 3 years and I'm almost ready to call it done. Once I reach a certain number, it will be done (I think.) It's crazy how far this map has come. And for all the mistakes and stupid alignments some of the lines have, it makes up in the sheer quantity of stuff. But I do need suggestions.

PDF

33 (1.61).png

Can someone guess how many stations are on this map? (Yes, I counted)

I've been working on this map for about 3 years and I'm almost ready to call it done. Once I reach a certain number, it will be done (I think.) It's crazy how far this map has come. And for all the mistakes and stupid alignments some of the lines have, it makes up in the sheer quantity of stuff. But I do need suggestions.

PDF

View attachment 344460
Shouldn't we be including GO?

Um, which stations have washrooms??

Kidding! Excellent map, thank you for putting so much effort into it.

edit: I noticed the face next to Old Cummer hehe
edit 2: "if you read this please DM" station 😅
edit 3: "grandravine covid" dkm
edit 4: "sprawl" and "car culture"

Last edited:
"Canceled" Station? "Mark Loves Highway 7" Station? Pickering Airport? You clearly had a lot of fun with this.

Some actual gripes I have with this, though: Holland Landing has no 's in it, Mulock Road in Newmarket should really have a station, and the Barrie Line meets what's left of Viva Blue and Yellow at the wrong station (it should be at Main. What's listed as Newmarket is a separate bus terminal that could be renamed Upper Canada or Davis West). That and a few typos here and there I guess. Either way, it looks stunning!

Some kind of express line beneath Avenue Road/Bay is really needed to make this work, otherwise Line 1 will get way overburdened.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question so please redirect me if it should be in another thread. Is there any discussion on "lifting" the Richmond GO tracks from the West Don Lands to Riverdale Park West? This is approximately 2km long. The Davenport Diamond Guideway can be used as a precedent which would allow the river and Corktown Common to be linked with more than the narrow Bala Underpass and in places the Lower Don Trail can sit below the tracks to allow the river bank to become more naturalized with places to sit, picnic and potentially even swim. It would allow for the triangular park between Queen and King at River to become a portal for connecting directly to the trail system. It would allow the existing staircase from the Queen Street Bridge to be removed which would further open up space for wider trail. This area is called the narrows for a reason and it seems like this would go a far way to relieve that. This would also move the train tracks above flood level.

I made a map of what I think rapid transit in Toronto could look like by the early 2040s after the current batch of planned and funded projects are finished. I put it on reddit and people pointed out some spelling and geographical mistakes, so be warned it isn't perfect.
With GO and Legend.png

I've written a bit more about it on reddit:

Back