Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

I like the podium of this building (and the brickwork).

The photos are very much appreciated.

Agreed, very snazzy. The Esplanade is shaping up to be a very nice downtown street. With lower Church and Front streets the whole area is feeling very bustle-y and urban.

I'd love to see that aged brick look used more. We're getting a bit overwhelmed with glass everywhere.

In return for approving this project the local ratepayer groups and the city insisted on brick for the Esplanade portion of the building. This way it would fit in better with the neighbourhood.

^ And so they should have insisted on using bricks. It works really well and I hope that Market Wharf gets similar treatment on its podium section.

In return for approving this project the local ratepayer groups and the city insisted on brick for the Esplanade portion of the building. This way it would fit in better with the neighbourhood.
Good for them! I hope this happens a lot more often.

^^ This is why I think Rezen, London and Modern (in sales) will be stand-outs when they are done compared to the rest of the development of this era. Neo and Pinnacle (on the other hand) are examples of attempts to combine bad materials. The devil, as they say, is in the details.

A shot of "London" rising above Rezen from the roof of The Richmond...

DSCN5072.jpg

ha ha ! well then what were we doing spending so much time up in high places during Doors Open? I didnt say bigger, just better - from up high you cant see the cracked pavement and sidewalks. And ya the birds are great, though if I had to choose French Canadian girls are tops.

Europhobic?

I learned a new word today.

By the way. Do hairy legs fit in that category? ..just wondering..

Back