News   Jun 10, 2024
 379     0 
News   Jun 10, 2024
 731     0 
News   Jun 10, 2024
 696     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

The College Park food court is popular with Ryerson students.

One Chinese food vendor (Duck) has (comparatively) inexpensive Peking duck and another (China King) sells fried rice that rivals the more upscale Chinese restaurants. Both Duck and China King are cash-only.
I wasn't referring to the College Park food court. Over the past year a bagel shop has opened up between College Park and the station entrance.

East Toronto transit riders getting a second exit at Chester Station

29 Chester Avenue
News 06:00 AM By David Nickle

It won't be long now before transit riders on Line 2 will have a second option for entering and exiting Chester Station.

The second exit — on the east side of Chester Avenue just north of Danforth Avenue — is being constructed as a part of the TTC's modernization of subway stations.

The second exit will be an automatic entrance, located on the northwest corner of the Toronto Parking Authority lot at 29 Chester Avenue. It's scheduled for completion in 2021.

The project also includes the installation of elevators at the main entrance to Chester Station.

JUST THE FACTS

• Work hours on the project are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

• The second exit is intended to improve both safety and convenience.

• Construction of new staircases connecting the second entrance and exit to platforms is underway. That includes the installation of reinforcing steel and structural walls, electrical and mechanical work and waterproofing.

• Elevators will be operational by late 2020.

• Vehicular traffic is maintained on Chester Avenue, and two-way traffic is permitted on Arundel Avenue up to the parking lot entrance.

I thought Donlands was first in the queue...the designs were finalized two summers ago...

Nope.

Several stations have been done in the second exit program.

Castlefrank, Woodbine, Broadview, Pape...

Chester and Wellesley are under construction now.

Donlands and College are up next.

Dundas West is waiting on Metrolinx.

Outstanding in the program are Greenwood, Museum and Summerhill and Christie, Dundas also requires a second exit.

TTC will then move to 'third exits' for capacity reasons, with St. Andrew topping the list.

Coxwell was never in the program, I would argue it should be.

Last edited:
Yes but I thought St Andrew only had one exit from the platform?

It has 2 points of egress from the platform, through a common mezzanine.

It wasn't included in the original program, along with many other stations, on the basis that the 2 points of egress were sufficiently far apart from each other on the platform.

I would argue for an exit from every station that does not go through a common mezzanine.

But that would mean a far larger program.

Back