Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

Well, aren't you well-versed on Sault Ste. Marie's exactly three tourist attractions. I keep meaning to go back and visit the Norgoma before the bottom rusts out and the whole thing settles into the sludge.

The day the mall roof caved in is a day that will live on in infamy. We all remember where we were when we heard the news that the fountain court had been destroyed. The psychic wounds the community suffered that day are still raw; the collapse came within feet of wrecking the Cinnabon. Shame on you for making fun of it. Too soon! Too soon!

Well, aren't you well-versed on Sault Ste. Marie's exactly three tourist attractions. I keep meaning to go back and visit the Norgoma before the bottom rusts out and the whole thing settles into the sludge.

The day the mall roof caved in is a day that will live on in infamy. We all remember where we were when we heard the news that the fountain court had been destroyed. The psychic wounds the community suffered that day are still raw; the collapse came within feet of wrecking the Cinnabon. Shame on you for making fun of it. Too soon! Too soon!

I feel so unwitty.

SNF, comedy is all part of the healing process. As are steel trusses and drywall.

The Sault has more going for it than just those three things. There's the Old Stone House... and Roberta Bondar whatever... and, uhhh, all those wood carvings of bears and fish and stuff by that guy which are all over the place. And I guess the train counts as a Sault attraction. Oh and the lock! Who doesn't love a good lock? Don't forget the best cross-border shopping for hundreds and hundreds of kilometres in any direction.

See, the future is bright for the Sault!

With Algoma Steel and all, would there be any Hamiltonesque "labour tourism" angle w/the Soo?

Quebec City has been now added. Looks like it will be one daily flight starting at the end of June.

Looks like it will be $189 each way

I feel so unwitty.

SNF, comedy is all part of the healing process. As are steel trusses and drywall.

The Sault has more going for it than just those three things. There's the Old Stone House... and Roberta Bondar whatever... and, uhhh, all those wood carvings of bears and fish and stuff by that guy which are all over the place. And I guess the train counts as a Sault attraction. Oh and the lock! Who doesn't love a good lock? Don't forget the best cross-border shopping for hundreds and hundreds of kilometres in any direction.

See, the future is bright for the Sault!
I've taken the Agawa Canyon Railway from the Soo, and remember thinking the town was nice. Now the drive to the Soo from Toronto is long.

Quebec City has been now added. Looks like it will be one daily flight starting at the end of June.

Looks like it will be $189 each way

It's just too bad that Quebec City's airport is so inconvenient to get to - there's not even any transit.

Then again, Halifax's airport is quite the trek northwest from the city as well.

Flights to Newark started today. Not the best day to launch with all the fog, but not much you can do about it.

20% off to Newark

In the Path Underground today in the Financial District, ladies dressed as stewardess were giving out these free toy planes, for a Porter Promotion:

20% off Porter, to Newark

Promotion Code: 20NYC

-Must book by April 30,2008
-Must Fly by October 25,2008

Flew down to New York on Wednesday night, and got back yesterday evening on Porter. Great service, etc. Getting into Manhattan from Newark was pretty easy, and it cost us $15 each on the NJ Transit train which got us straight into Penn Station. It was a $63 cab ride on the way out last night, but it only took 20-30 mins.

I think I'll stick with Porter for my trips to NY from now on.

Do you get a dramatic fly-by over Manhattan as when landing at LaGuardia?

We landed at night, and it wasn't that great a view. You could see it, and it was impressive, but it wasn't at all dramatic. Great views of the industry around Newark though, if you like that sort of thing.

Take off and landing in Toronto was actually more interesting.

Do you get a dramatic fly-by over Manhattan as when landing at LaGuardia?

Newark has long been a better place to land at for flights to New York than LaGuardia. Both can be affected by congested airspace, but LaGuardia only has the one runway as well, so if things get choked at Newark, they are strangled at LaGuardia. Newark's rail service to Penn Station has always been a better connection than LaGuardia's crappy bus service too.

Back