Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

The gardiner is getting done at the same time - a 300 million dollar contract was recently issued for the full rehabilitation of the section from Jarvis to Cherry.

The gardiner is getting done at the same time - a 300 million dollar contract was recently issued for the full rehabilitation of the section from Jarvis to Cherry.
Sorry, stupid question, does that include the implementation of the "Gardiner hybrid" solution?

Sorry, stupid question, does that include the implementation of the "Gardiner hybrid" solution?
not the contract that was just issued, but it'll be well underway by the time the portlands are done. I believe it's currently scheduled for completion in 2024.

Too bad that ugly tank farm looks like it remains for the foreseeable future. It's still there at the end of the video.
Everything else looks great though.

It's so hugely disappointing they will rebuild that horrible elevated expressway. What an insane waste of money.

It should've been simply transformed into a way more urban-friendly boulevard.

I thank thethrows for bringing back that video of the Lower Don lands monthly scheduled plan. Right on !

DJI_0647.JPG

You guys wouldn't have preferred a project without condos, similar to the "Gardens by the Bay" in Singapore?

More nature, recreation, etc.

I'm happy they're naturalising the Port Lands but I can't help feeling quite disappointed by the overall project.

Gardens by the Bay:

298724-d318eb3d-62c3-48d0-a3f7-605c5732118e.jpg

gardens-by-the-bay.jpg

singapour-gardens.jpg

5ed9054876064ef80832c22f9c8956b9.jpg

gardens-by-the-bay-overview.jpg

Credits to the authors.

Back