News   May 07, 2024
 500     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 445     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 917     3 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Thanks. I was wondering how they were going to pull off the 'white' sections of the podium and I was afraid that I would be seeing cheap looking aluminum panels (which would be dented while being installed and never repaired: see ROCP, Pantages, etc.).

This project is living up to my high expectations.

Will Ritz and RBC end up very close to one another, with only a slight gap between them, or is there supposed to be some sort of passage or walkway leading to Front? We haven't seen any renderings on how the two buildings meet or interact with one another..

p5

Ritz and RBC from the air

2224832107_2b1d947f2b_b.jpg

Image courtesy Mark Klotz on flickr.com

Photos taken February 9 the missing glass is being installed and it is set back on the fifth floor. I did next expect that.

2254043234_451a1b826f_b.jpg

2253459785_86d3433d07_b.jpg

More glass is being installed on the podium.
2254063808_20c387c976_b.jpg

THanks for the photos.

The glass setback on the 5th floor is a nice little touch. It's nothing special but breaks up the curtain wall just a little. On another note, maybe the builders should have opted for something like BA to protect the bottom few floors. On the east side of RBC, you can see several panes of glass with 'X's on them. These are broken pieces that will have to be replaced.

KPF is really starting to impressing me. I can't wait to see the Parade go up and Ritz on the skyline too. This project is already making me have second thoughs about they're proposal for the Lightbox. They're design works so well in Toronto.

Answered my own question. The answer is "NO" and we should have known about this set back before it happened.

RBCCentreRender(1).jpg

Back