Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

The impact YSL will have...

From the East **Large file warning 6565 X 765** Scroll ---->>

szmhwSH.png

YSL from above:

BY68Em5.png

That doesn't account for elevation, does it?

Ha ha! A dinky little extension and that is about it! Despite the fact that the city and (especially) the province and federal government at running yearly deficits.

How about Eglinton Crosstown? Do I have to mention them all?

That is true of the Operating Expenses Budget but not the Capital Expenditures Budget.

The capital budget is paid for with the operating budget (big expense == annual payments); not unlike a house or car purchase.

So... Since the operating budget needs to be balanced, the capital budget has a cap on what can be paid off over a 30 year period at current revenue levels.

Grown really attached to this design, glad they changed that point and made it more exaggerated. (Still be nice to see a little spire set off at the tip). Very much hoping it all goes through eventually with extreme minimal changes to its exterior if any at all, it could look real nice if done right..
However, It would be a real shame if for some reason it gets a complete change, on hold for years, or to be completely cancelled all together. For some unseen reason. (Doubt it).

Last edited:
Grown really attached to this design would be a a real shame if for some reason it gets complete change, on hold for years, or completely cancelled (Doubt it).

i don't know anymore?, city planning doesn't seem to know how to deal with the really tall building proposals very well

One Yonge + LCBO Lands took forever for approvals, Mirvish/Gehry went years and years of red tape before approvals,
Chelsea Green, YSL, 8 Elm street, have all been proposed over 3 years ago and nothing,
they will most likely ride CIBC-3, 415 Yonge, 2 Carlton, 50 + 80 Bloor street w.,(last 2 are a bit shorter than 250m) for years before you hear about anything
....believe me, i've been here long enough to know that anything over 250 meters gives city planning the hibbie jibbies..lol

Last edited:
I get that. It not easy to just plop a skyscraper anywhere. And that there’s a lot to be studied if it will function in a positive way for the area. And city

Back